Friday, February 15, 2019

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (H.P. #7)


About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
Series:  #7
Release Date: July 27, 2007
Format: Hardcover
Setting: London, England; Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizadry
Page Count: 759
Genre(s): Fantasy, YA, Fiction
Date(s) Read: 1/23/19-2/15/19
Rating:   
Book: 3/5       Audio:  5/5        Narrator(s):Jim Dale

My Thoughts:

Audio:

There isn't much I can say that I haven't already said beyond my liking Jim Dale and how much easier he made it to get through these lengthy books. I love his voices for the characters, even though sometimes, he made some sound whiny but no matter, I loved him. I listened to one with Stephen Fry (don't remember which one) and I can see why so many loved him too. If I could have gotten them all under Fry, I would have but again, Dale was amazing as well. 


Book:

Finally! Finished it

This was not one of my favorites. I found myself missing Hogwarts a lot. Wishing they were still at the school. 

Where I thought I had gotten spoilers, weren't spoilers. Although it's still frustrating that the person (a booktuber; I no longer remember who) I was watching would give potential ones. I do understand a lot of people have already read this series and seen the movies and many will speak of the books thinking that way. They also need to understand that there are generations after them and then folks like me who had never heard of the books until the movies came out and, well, like me, hadn't intended on reading them. I gave in, thankfully. 

But, I digress....

Why wasn't this my favorite? Well, beyond a few, many of my favorites didn't show up until later. I also think it's because I kept tuning out at some points. I had to replay quite a bit in the last couple of chapters, which got frustrating for me. I had to stop what I was doing to focus and/or pick up the book to reread certain parts I kept missing. So, one day, I will definitely will have to re-listen to these books again one day. I have the first 6 movies so I can watch those to jar my memory on stuff and maybe pick up stuff I may have missed (yes, I know, the movies leave out a lot). 

Digress again....rambles again...

It's kind of hard to talk about this book without giving those spoilers that I wouldn't want while still saying what I liked and didn't like. So, I can say that,well, I love how it ended. Ended in kind of a way that I figured because I have "The Cursed Child" book and scanned through it a little. So, that kind of helped me knowing the spoilers I thought were there, did or didn't happen. I am looking forward to making an attempt to read "The Cursed Child".

Some of my favorite characters from the previous books remained my favorites but with a new way of seeing them. And even one that I thought I'd never really like, I found myself liking by the end of it. Well, maybe even two. And those are the ones I can think of right now.

Well, I will hush now because I have become beyond repetitive. 

Thanks for reading this far. :o)



No comments:

Post a Comment