Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Harry Potter & the Cursed Child (Pts 1 & 2) by J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany & Jack Thorne


About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
Series: #8
Release Date: July 31, 2016
Format: Hardcover
Setting: England (?) & Hogwarts
Page Count: 309
Genre(s): YA, Fantasy, Fiction, Plays
Date(s) Read: 2/16-2/27/19
Rating:   
Book: 2.5/5   Audio:  3.5/5        
   Narrator(s):Not Sure. If it was said, I missed it & I didn't want to search  it out. 


My Thoughts:

Audio:
I wasn't wild about him, but he made it easier to get through so that's why he got a 3.5/5 instead of a 3/5 or less.

Book:
It was nice to read, well, listen to this book. I started off trying to read it on my own but wasn't feeling it so I went searching online trying to find the audio & thankfully, I did. 

This wasn't a bad book, but not great to me either. It wasn't the fact that it was a play that was an issue, I've read a play before. I think it was the fact that in the beginning, I wasn't fond of a character or two. 

As it got closer to act 3, it started getting better. By the time it hit act 4, I was enjoying it quite a bit more. I'll be glad when I can find the 'play' some where. I haven't really followed it enough to know if they have or ever will put it on DVD. That is something I can look for eventually just to see what I can find. I am hoping to like it that much more but I think I should have seen if I could watch it first then read it. But I thought it would ruin it for me. Now, I think reading it first may have ruined it; but maybe not. Maybe, just maybe, once I am able to watch it, I will have "forgotten" much of it. 

I do believe I may watch Fantastic Beasts first before trying to go for the book After reading this one but I will also take this as it comes. If I find the book at a good price, I may get it and do my best to hold off reading it first.  😊

At the time I am typing this, I am still listening to the book. I've got about 30 or so pages left so I'm sure my final thoughts will come together about the book as a whole will come then but it may not change too much. At this point, I still have a pretty clear idea of my thoughts on the book, I will just need to figure out the rating. 

When I started this book, I didn't know what to expect. I wasn't expecting to 'see' some characters show up. Many characters  I was glad to 'see' again. Many of those I began to love by the end of the seventh book (throughout all of the books actually).

I don't go under 3 stars often but usually, if there are books that are going to get under 3 stars, nothing it does redeems itself. Rarely do I give 1 stars to books because if they're that bad, I've already DNF'd. Unfortunately, there have been times I've struggled through just because I wanted to know what happened. But, I've gotten off track. It was decent! 😊



No comments:

Post a Comment