Monday, June 11, 2018

What Happened by Hillary Rodham Clinton



About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
Series/Trilogy/Stand-Alone, etc: Stand Alone
Release Date: Sept. 12, 2017
Format: Hardcover
Page Count: 464

  • Genre(s): Non-Fiction, Biography/Auto-Biography, Politics
Date(s) Read: 5/25-6/11
Rating:        Book: 4.5/5       Audio:   5/5       Narrator(s): Hillary Rodham Clinton


*PSA: Your opinion of her is yours. Good or bad. No negative comments on this post. Period*

My Thoughts:

Audio:

I really enjoyed hearing her read her own book. It really put across how she really felt while writing and thinking about all she had to deal with during the election, after it and during the times she talked about her life and everything else she spoke about. 


Book:
Took some time for me to get through it because it was hard for me to focus on just one book and sometimes just needed a break from reading this one (As well as one other one).

Some times, it felt a bit longer than it should be, then, there would come a time I'm glad she talked about some things and glad she went on with the book. I over all enjoyed this book and she answered a lot of questions for me. Things that I, by instinct, just knew didn't sound right the rare time I would read or hear the news. 

Side Note: During  a time I wasn't reading, I watched a documentary on Hulu called "The Hunting Of the President: Redux ". This documentary just pushed what she said and what I always felt. Much of what was being said was a flat out lie or "twisting the truth" to fit what they wanted. This book also helped push what was said there.

Back to the book...kinda...: Am I one who believes everything I hear? No. There were at least a couple times I even defended D. J. Trump. And I am no fan of his. If what is being said is wrong, I have stood up for him. But this isn't about him.

I am glad I read this book. It gave me a respect for her that I didn't have before. I liked her before but I was confused about what was real and what wasn't and this helped to let me know how the media screws with people. How there are people out there that hate someone so much they will do what they have to do mess your life up. And yes, I knew that already, but the previous election proved that to me even more so.

Now, further thoughts on the book and Hillary..... No, she didn't "blame everyone" on why she lost the election (Electoral College of course) but she did give the reasons behind why she lost the election. Not in a "it's everyone's fault but mine" kind of way but in being truthful, this is what happened kind of way. There were things that played a part in the loss of the election for her but she also takes a lot of blame for her end and how she could have done things differently.

Regardless of how you may feel about her, if you really take a long hard look at things and not just go to sites you agree with (and who always bash her and others you don't like), but you look at a lot of different avenues/resources, you will see things were screwed up because there were people out there that just don't like her or her husband. Troubles for them were brought up because there was something there they didn't want done. The same way many went after J. Kennedy and R. Kennedy. Thankfully, without them having to lose their lives. Lies were told, on both ends, but then you have people like me that will many times, look things up to see which way things go (may not look up every single thing but much of it) and if things don't end up the way you wish and you find out people lied, even on a candidate you don't like, you are still mature enough to say: Hey, that's not true! ...as many mature people did, for both sides. But, unfortunately, so many don't do that. On either side. So many are so willing to fight and bash each other that now, things are worse than ever.

For as quick as 45's Supporters are willing to yell Fake News when something they don't like is said about him, how much more can there be in Fake News with Hillary? Don't just believe negative things because it's about someone you don't like. Something I have to learn to, so I am talking to myself as well. It's hard, yes, I know, but I do know, even during the elections, lies got told. For both parties. During the debates between Clinton and Trump, I would look up things she said about him. Much I found that he did say it, some things, I couldn't find or I didn't see them as reliable. I have tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. To be honest, I doubt I will ever like the man because there are just things I don't feel very fond of in his personality. But professionally, politically, I will at least be able to say when I agree and don't agree with him and will give him the benefit of the doubt there. And there have been at least a couple of times I have.

Carrying on.....

This book allowed me to check myself and also allowed me to see things that I just knew didn't sit right with me as I stated before. But many things, before this book and now after, helped me to realize I am glad there are some things I walked away from when it came to political parties and people that I would have possibly voted for. To take a much deeper look than I did this time into candidates. I did better with this election than any other but it also proved to me I could still do a lot better!

It also gave me a bit more respect for Bill and their daughter Chelsea. I never knew much about Chelsea, and I still don't really but I can say that what I do know now, I have more respect for her than before. I never took issue with her at all but as I stated, I just didn't know anything about her to say anything either way.

I know, I'm rambling but I am also still listening to the last bits of this book and adding to it as I go along. I can say that the pages of this book are littered up with sticky notes and the edges are very pretty where I wanted to be able to go back and look at some things if I need to. Even where she talked about some interesting books I may want to go and read! 😂

I can confidently say that Bill, Hillary & Chelsea would be some people I'd like to hang out with from time to time, especially to talk about those books and get a bunch of suggestions! lol...But of course, more than that, the wisdom they can give about politics, what to trust, what not to trust, where to look for information if things come up and I want to know more. Although I am not into politics that much, I am still a voter and want good information so I can make as good of a choice as possible. But also, just to have people who seem to have great sense of humors (you'd have to in order to deal with the nonsense they've had to) and what seem to be great parents and grandparents.

If comments are left, chances are, I will know if you read it or not and/or just picked out something to focus negatively on and those, like everyone else, will be deleted and/or blocked. Freedom of speech? Sure. But I also have the freedom not to deal with negativity, lack of respect for each other, lack of respect for views different than your own and ignorance. Even if that ignorance is towards a Trump supporter who came respectfully commenting on this post (Yes, there are some out there, they, like respectful Hillary supporters, don't comment much because of the disrespectful Trump supporters..both supporters who seem to be loud and cantankerous)



No comments:

Post a Comment