Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Serafina's Promise by Ann E. Burg


About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
Stand-Alone
Release Date: September 24, 2013
Format: Paperback
Setting:Haiti
Page Count: 300
Genre(s): Poetry, Children's, Middle Grade, Cultural, Realistic Fiction
Date(s) Read: 9/17-9/18/18
Rating:   Book:  4.75/5      


My Thoughts:

Book:

I really enjoyed the writing & story line. I loved Serafina. How much of a big heart she had for her family, friends, animals and others that she didn't even know. How hard she worked to get what she wanted and how she was willing to give up other things to help others, even if she didn't always want to. I loved her grandmother, father and best friend. I would love to get a little bit of another story about her being a bit older and whether she continued on in things that she wanted to do. How her family turned out. What went on with some of her friends. This is another one of those situations for me that I can't say a whole lot and not give away some of the story, and even then, I am not sure how much I would have to say other than I liked this book and the fact is it written in verse. I gave this book a 4.75/5 because although I really enjoyed this book, as of right now, I can't say it's a favorite. There may come a time I think back on it and realize that it just might be and/or I can't get it off my mind and that the I loved it a lot more than expected when I first finished it. 

(read during the contemporary-a-thon)

No comments:

Post a Comment