Wednesday, October 17, 2018

50% off Murder (A Good Buy Girls Mystery #1) by Josie Bell

About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
Series: #1
Release Date: April 3, 2012
Format:  Mass Market Paperback
Setting: St. Stanley, VA
Page Count: 277 
Genre(s): Cozy Mystery, Romance
Date(s) Read: 10/11-10/17/18
Rating: 4/5


My Thoughts:

I liked it. It had it's cheesy moments but it was good. 

This is a book written under the Josie Belle pseudonym by the author of the Cupcake bakery mystery series (and others), Jenn McKinlay. When I found out who wrote it, that made me more excited. 

Cupcake Bakery Mystery series is my favorite by her. I did notice some similarities between this one and CBM, like the rivalry, young male character and one or two other things. 

I already own the second book so maybe I'll be able to get to it soon but we will see. This one might be on the top list too because I got some decent tips on saving money. Some  I knew, some I didn't. 

If you like cozies and haven't read this one, it's worth at least trying. Just go into it expecting to be entertained and hoping to enjoy it but not expecting much more than that. Don't get your hopes up too high. I enjoyed the book as much as I'd hoped I would have. 






No comments:

Post a Comment