Thursday, October 25, 2018

Leaking Laffs Between Pampers and Depends by Barbara Johnson


About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
Stand-Alone
Release Date: March 19, 2000
Format: Hardcover (3 in 1)
Setting: N/A
Page Count: 178
Genre(s): Humor, Christian, Non-Fiction 
Date(s) Read: 10/17-10/25/18
Rating5/5


My Thoughts:

Book:

This is a book that came as a 3 in 1. There was this one, Boomerang Joy & Living Somewhere Between Estrogen and Death. I, of course am taking each book as I feel like reading them. 

Leaking Laffs was funny and it is what I needed right now. This was more of a way to make you laugh with tidbits of advice thrown in there in between. She basically just said, don't always take life so seriously. Find ways to laugh your way through life as often as possible. Well, that's what I got out of it anyway. I found myself laughing and chuckling throughout the book. I have it tabbed up...a lot!

Just some of my favorites from the book:

Man trying to meen woman: 'Hey sweetie, what's your sign?"
Woman: "Do not enter."


Did you ever stop to think...
and forget to start up again?

She who laughs last 
thinks the slowest.

My next Kitchen will have no kitchen-
Just vending machines.

Yes, of course, there are many more but those were just some short ones that gave me a good chuckle. 

When I picked this book up and just went by the cover, I thought it was a few short [fictional] stories until I sat down to look through the book and realized it was a nonfiction christian book. I got it not sure what I would think and ended up enjoying it. It took me some time to get through the book because I was focused on other books and just sat down and read this one as I felt like reading it. 

This books is sweet stories about her life and the lives of others that were sent to her. All that she has been through, she has found a way to laugh at least most of it. Something more of us need to do. Maybe the world would be a little better if we could just find ways to laugh and be happier.

There aren't many words to describe how I feel about this book. I can just say it's the lifting of my spirit that I needed. Two more 'books ' to go here but I'll take a break and read them as I feel the desire to do so. 

🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼🌼

This is the cover for the book by itself. I couldn't find the cover for the one I have but the image on this book is a picture used throughout the book for the squirts and squints part of the book and beginning of the chapters. There are some differences (the baby and grandma in the boat is used).







No comments:

Post a Comment