Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Mid Year Book Freak-Out Tag 2019



I will link the Goodreads summaries of the books in each books titles instead of my blog thoughts so that anyone who wants to know the summary of the book can just click that books link.

*If there is an asterisk next to the title/author, scroll down to find out any side notes about this book

📔📔📔📔📔📔📔📔📔📔📔📔📔📔📔📔📔📔📔📔📔📔📔📔📔📔📔📔📔📔📔📔📔

QUESTIONS:
1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2019.
-I have a couple for this one.
A. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkes*
    B. Love, Life & the List by Kasie West

2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2019.
Fame, Fate & the First Kiss by Kasie West
3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to**.
A. The Rest of the Story by Sarah Dessen
B. Maybe This Time by Kasie West*
4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
    Maybe This Time by Kasie West*
5. Biggest disappointment**.
A. Harry Potter & the Cursed Child (H.P. #8) by J.K. Rowling+
B. Angel Fire (Angel #2) by L.A. Weatherly
C. Allegiant (Divergent #3) by Veronica Roth
6. Biggest surprise.
Black Like Me by John Howard Griffin*
7. Favorite new author. (Debut or new to you)**.
Dean Koontz (Author Page Linked)
8. Newest fictional crush.**
Trevor (Pivot Point Duology by Kasie West) [First book linked]
9. Newest favourite character.
-Ambrose (Once & For All by Sarah Dessen)*
-Alex Fuentes (Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles)*
10. Book that made you cry.
I am not a big crier with books. I may tear up a bit but that's about it.
I'm more of a crier with shows and movies if I am going to actually cry.
11. Book that made you happy.
A. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles (summary already linked in #1)
B. Love, Life & the List by Kasie West (summary already linked in #1)
12. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received).
Once & For All by Sarah Dessen (summary already linked in #9)
13. What books do you need to read by the end of the year
Um, everything on my TBR bookshelf?!?! But there are some series I'd like to finish & some stand alones I'd like to get to as well. Just to name a few (and I do mean just a few):

A. Under Suspicion Series by Mary Higgins Clark & Alafair Burke:
(I need to finish the last two books in this series)

B. Angel Trilogy by L.A. Weatherly
(I have one more book that I need to finish here)

C. Listen to Your Heart by Kasie West

D. The Book Thief by Mark Zusack
14. Favorite Book Community Member. ReadByZoe (Channel Linked)

*So, there we have it, for this part of it, make sure to read the areas for the asterisks and don't forget to scroll down to the videos.*



(No links, the colors just made it easier to see titles)

*Perfect Chemistry: I went into this book hoping I would at least like it enough to finish it but ended up loving it plus, it gave me a nostalgic feeling of happier times when I tried to read it about 8-10+ years ago but couldn't get into it at the time. I think that adds to why I loved it so much mostly. Plus, when the times I was out and about listening to it, I was just not stressed and just enjoying my day in peace (spent most of the time listening to it while I was riding around!

*Maybe This Time: Release Date for this book is 7/9/19

*Kasie West is an auto buy author for me.

** There were two other books released this year but I already read those.
1. Dying for Devil's Food (Cupcake Bakery Mystery #11) by Jenn McKinlay (Series Linked)
  2. Fame, Fate & the First Kiss by Kasie West (summary linked under prompt #2)

** Biggest Disappointment: Although I didn't expect much from Allegiant, it was still a big disappointment because of how boring it was and the ending (Which was spoiled for me by a booktuber that I forget who it was).
Angel Fire, I had hopes that it would get better for me as it went along and that it was just me the first time I tried to read it not long after it came out (within the first year). But, it wasn't just me, it was the second book syndrome. Hopefully I will be able to get to Angel Fever this month!

*Black Like Me: I wasn't sure about this book at first but once I started listening to this book, I really did end up loving it. Not perfect of course but it was still really, really good in my opinion.

**Dean Koontz: I put him down as my new favorite author because I read/listened to my first book by Dean Koontz this year (The Taking) and really enjoyed it so I am so beyond willing to try more of his books. Will I like them all? Probably not. But I am willing to get through as many as possible and hope I enjoy more of them than I don't. 

**Newest fictional crush: Being that I am a 44 year old woman (with a teen & 20 something), who reads a lot of YA, I can't really say that I have a crush on a teenager (that would be creepy and gross), but what I can say that is that I find him to be that sweet young man every parent would want their daughter to bring home. So, no, I don't have an actual crush but I do think he is the sweetest young man so far this year. Well, one of the first I could recall just by looking at the books I read this year.

*New Favorite Characters:
Ambrose- I loved him for his joy of just being who he is and not really being apologetic about it. When it was time for him to look at things a bit differently and see if there needs to be a change, he did. Naturally, there is only so much that can be said in a span of a book but it was great to see his much happiness in one book,especially at such a young age. 
Alex Fuentes: What I loved about him what the fact that he did have a heart underneath all of his hard exterior. Then what he was willing to do for all that he loved and would grow to love.

🎦🎦🎦🎦🎦🎦🎦🎦🎦🎦🎦🎦🎦🎦🎦🎦🎦🎦🎦🎦🎦🎦🎦🎦🎦🎦🎦

The Co-Creator's [Original] video from 2016 is below if you want to watch it. The one from this year is down below as well.


                                                                              2016

2019




No comments:

Post a Comment