Sunday, August 18, 2019

Wundersmith: The Calling of Morrigan Crow (Nevermoor #2) by Jessica Townsend




About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
📌Series/Trilogy: Nevermoor #2
📌Release Date: October 30, 2018 (Original Publication Date)
📌Format: Hardcover & Audio book
📌Setting: Nevermoor
📌Page Count: 521 (525 w/acknowledgements)
📌Genre(s): Fantasy, Middle Grade, Children's, Fiction
📌Date(s) Read: 8/15/19-8/18/19
📌Rating:   
Book:  4.75/5  Audio:  4.75/5  Narrator(s): Gemma Whelan


📍N.E.W.T.'s Magical Readathon
  Transfiguration: "O"- McGonagall does not mess around! Read a book over 500 pages


My Rambles:

Jeez, I have no clue what I want to say about this book, especially seeing that this is the 2nd book in what will possibly be a series instead of a trilogy. I still loved this book almost as much as I loved the first book. This one is going between a 4.5-4.75 out of 5 stars. I have it at a 4.75 right now..if I choose to take it down, I always can I guess. Even with the imperfections, I still adore these little books so far. Imperfections in books should be expected but yet, sometimes, despite imperfections, many books just grab your heart and hold on tight. Nevermoor & Wundersmith have done just that. Of course, I love the characters & yes, there is still some similarity to Harry Potter but also with a lot of differences. There is a bit of a Alice in Wonderland vibe in an area or two  as well. At least to me. 

There isn't a lot more that I can say really that wouldn't possibly go into spoiler zone. The set release date for Hollowpox: The Hunt for Morrigan Crow is for February 6, 2020. I am looking forward to this one. Hopefully I will be able to get it within a couple months of it coming out. Not quite sure if I will just buy it or wait for the library to get it (borrowed both of these books from the library). I am considering buying the books eventually anyway but with there being a possibility of it being a 9 book series...not sure about that one...(Read some where there was a chance of it being 9 books, not sure the accuracy of that but we will see)







No comments:

Post a Comment