Sunday, October 15, 2017

Just Take My Heart by Mary Higgins Clark



About This Book:
Series/Trilogy/Stand-Alone, etc:  Stand Alone
Release Date: April 7, 2009
Setting: New Jersey
Page Count:  322
Edition: Paperback
Genre(s): Mystery/Thriller/Suspense/Crime, Fiction, Adult
Date(s) Read: 9/20/17-9/22/17
Rating: 
 Book:  4/5   Audio4.5/5    Narrator: Jan Maxwell


My Thoughts:

Audio
I enjoyed the narrator, Jan Maxwell. She did well with it and made it easy to continue on and finish the book.
Book:
I enjoyed the book. It had it's flaws but still good. There isn't really a whole lot to say that wouldn't possibly give away some of the plot and how things may turn out throughout the book. Some characters went against their instincts when it came to the prosecuting of the character that was being charged with the murder of Natalie. I guess I kind of understand that to a degree (not a spoiler, much of it is said in the first few chapters, even who they suspected and who is on trial is within the first few chapters and throughout most of the book). Some things, weren't too much of a surprise because of the "hints" thrown out throughout the book. Even the ending wasn't too much of a shock either, a bit of a surprise with some things that took place but not a shocker. But, if it is an entertaining, quick/easy read you want, this will do it. It is worth at least picking up and trying, especially if you like books that focus a lot on the court case with a few other things going on throughout the book as well.  I do plan on going to look for other Clark books and hopefully I have at least as much enjoyment with those as I did this one, if not more so. 




No comments:

Post a Comment