Sunday, October 15, 2017

Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire (H.P. #4) by J.K. Rowling



About this book:
Series/Trilogy/Stand-Alone, etc:  Series (#4)
Release Date: July 8, 2000
Setting: London, England; Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizadry
Page Count:  734 
Edition: Paperback
Genre(s): Fantasy, Young Adult, Fiction, Childrens
Date(s) Read: 9/20/17-9/30/17
Rating: 
 Book: 4/5    Audio4/5    Narrator: Jim Dale


My Thoughts:


Audio:

I really do like Jim Dale. I enjoy hearing him do the voices. Heck, I just enjoy him period! With this one, I only have one complaint, he made Hermione & Ron (and some other characters from time to time) sound really whiny. Other than that, as I said, I do enjoy Jim Dale reading these stories. 

Book:


I am kind of iffy with this one. A large bit of it I did like but yet, there were some parts I just found boring. I can't quite put my finger on what it was about the book that kept throwing me off but it just was. Then, there was a large bit of the book, especially the Triwizard Tournaments, that I enjoyed a lot. 

Some things that I didn't exactly expect when it came to some characters, well, the WAY things happened I should say. I was suspicious of some characters and I wasn't totally wrong but I wasn't quite right either. Doesn't make much sense does it? Well, I guess if I tried to make sense of it, I would give spoilers and I am not trying to do that for the ones that haven't read these books like myself. 

Hermione & Ron got on my nerves a bit in this book and most of it was in behind one thing or another either with Harry or between each other. Hopefully the next few will be a bit better and understandings will take place over the next book. I do plan on doing my best to finish the last three books. I mean, I got this far, why stop now? I have book six, but I just need to find books five and seven (I found the ones I do have at my local used book store for $1 each and still trying to find all of them for that price with the covers I have, if I can't find those, I will do what I can to find paperbacks for a good price online, whether they match or not).




No comments:

Post a Comment