Sunday, October 15, 2017

Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare (possible spoilers)


About This Book:
Series/Trilogy/Stand-Alone, etc:  Bind Up (Short Stories/Novellas)
Release Date: November 15, 2016
Setting: Shadowhunter Academy; Idris
Page Count: 672
Edition: Hardcover
Genre(s): Fiction, YA, Fantasy/Urban Fantasy, Paranormal
Date(s) Read:  9/6/17-9/14/17
Rating: 
 Book (as a whole): 4/5    Audio (All Narrators as a whole):   4.5/5 

Multiple Authors:                                                      Narrator(s)
Cassandra Clare                                                              Devon Bostick
Sarah Rees Brennan                                                       Jack Falahee 
Maureen Johnson                                                           Luke Pasqualino  
Robin Wasserman                                                          Nico Mirallegro 
                                                                                            Chris Wood
                                                                                            Ki Hong Li


Individual Stories Rating:
The Lost Herondale3 stars
The Whitechapel Fiend:  3 Stars
Nothing but Shadows: 3 Stars
The Evil We Love: 3.5/5
Pale Kings and Princes: 4/5 
Bitter of Tongue: 3.5.5
The Fiery Trial: 4.5/5
Born to Endless Night: 4.5/5
Angels Twice Descending: 5/5

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

My Thoughts:
(May contain some spoilers (depending on what you, the individual, considers spoilers). If you haven't read any of the other books, especially the last three (3) of The Mortal Instruments and the Infernal Devices (some characters from T.I.D. show up and/or at least talked about), you may want to wait too read this)

Audio:
I did enjoy all of the narrators. As always, they make it so much easier for me to get through Clare's books. It's not that I don't like her books but sometimes they just seem overly drawn out and sometimes, a bit boring, but, there is just something there that keeps me wanting to read even if I feel like sometimes I don't want to go on. Anytime I question going on, I end up going on because I want to see what happens and find other characters to love. I really enjoyed Ki Hong Li's reading of Pale Kings and Princes. But again, I did enjoy them all, Ki just made the Pale Kings and Princes more enjoyable. 

Book:
I took my time reading/listening to this because I didn't want to overdose and not finish it. As I have stated on her other books, although I like them, sometimes, I tend to get a bit bored with some parts of her books and/or they tend to drag. Which I think is why I am glad these are short stories/novellas. They didn't takeas long to get through. I also knew not to push it past my limit if I needed a break in the middle of a story and wanted to read something else for a while, which I typically did at night. I would listen to these during the day mostly while I was on the computer. So, naturally, it took me a little bit longer to finish this than it did the other books I read while reading this one as well. 

Simon is my favorite of the whole The Mortal Instruments series. When I read The Infernal Devices books, I found myself missing Simon. This bind up gave me my dose of Simon that I needed. And of course, the love was there as it always will be I'm sure. 

As much as I learned to love Izzy, sometimes, she seems to act like a spoiled little child who, if she doesn't get her way, she will throw the biggest temper tantrum. People are always having to apologize to her for things they shouldn't have to apologize for.  She also got on my nerves how she kept responding to Simon's memory and not remembering her and their relationship before. I guess I understand some of her frustration but damn, come on, stop seeing the old Simon, get to know him after his 'demon memory loss'! Ugh. Those two are the one main issues I have with her character. Other than that, I do like the strength of Izzy and how loyal she is once she loves and cares about you. 

After this bind up sitting on my shelf for probably at least a year, I am glad that I was finally able to get to them. Glad to know more about my favorite character in the whole T.M.I. series. And definitely glad that, even through all of his struggles, he is doing well. Each story got a bit better as they went on, which, I am very glad for. 





No comments:

Post a Comment