Friday, October 20, 2017

This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen

About this book:
Series/Trilogy/Stand-Alone, etc:  Stand Alone
Release Date:  May 27, 2002
Setting:  Lakeview, NC
Page Count:  345 
Edition: Paperback
Genre(s): YA, Romance, Contemporary, Women's Fiction/Chick Lit
Date(s) Read: 10/5/17-10/19/17
Rating: 
 Book: 4/5    Audio: 4/5    Narrator:  Ali Ahn 



My Thoughts:

Audio:
I liked her. There was one character that she tended to make sound kind of whiny junior high boyish sometimes but as I stated, I did enjoy her narration overall. 

Book:
As the trend I tend to notice with Dessen books, there is a lot of dysfunction with some sweetness thrown in. Of the books, the first I read by her and my favorite so far is The Truth About Forever. It took some time for me to get to and through a couple of her other books. For whatever reason, after the above mentioned book, I just could not seem to sit and read her books. Finally, I decided to look for audio books because I did and do really want to read her books but for some reason, I just couldn't get through them without assistance. Sometimes, I guess some books and/authors, you just may need to listen to them over sitting down with the books to read them. I think Dessen is one and Cassandra Clare was/is another for me. I like the books well enough but something just won't keep me enough to do anything else but listen.

Now, onto some of my actual thoughts of this particular book....

I loved the characters in the books and I saw quite a bit of myself in Remy sometimes. At least when it comes to fear of relationships. I believe in love but of course, not the love of fairy tales try to feed you but the It's not perfect but if the relationship is worth it you fight for it love! I think for me personally, I believe Remy had to learn that love isn't perfect, things happen, you may even get hurt but is it worth fighting for or do you just need to let go and walk away? She was so cynical about life and love because of how her mind processed things she saw her family go through while she was growing up and the things she had to handle at such a young age.

The book had it's imperfections (As all books do), but I really did enjoy it and the narrator helped make it that much better and easier to get through.

(Took me some time to read this one because I just wanted to do everything but read many days but one thing I learned about times like that is to just flow and go with it then just read as I feel like it)




No comments:

Post a Comment