Monday, December 4, 2017

P.S. I Like You by Kasie West

About this book:
Series/Trilogy/Stand-Alone, etc:  Stand Alone
Release Date:  July 26, 2016
Setting:  Arizona
Page Count:  330
Edition: Hardcover
Genre(s): YA, Romance, Contemporary
Date(s) Read: 11/27-12/4/17
Rating: 
 Book: 5/5    Audio: 5/5    Narrator:  Shannon McManus


Audio:
She was great, not perfect, but I still enjoyed listening to her read this wonderful book of sweetness! 


Book:
FYI:
If you haven't read this book, some things may come off as spoilers although that is not my intention at all. So, if you like going into books knowing little to nothing, maybe reading this isn't a great idea because I do believe I tell some answers to some things that are in this book in this review. So, proceed with caution if you haven't read this book.

Even with the imperfections, some questions not quite answered at the end and how one person may have been handled because of their negative behavior wasn't spoken about, I still loved this book! It was left kind of open ended, which I guess, if I think about it, that's life, most times, situations don't get nicely wrapped up the way you would like them to be, so, why should a book? Maybe they'll pop up in another book and I get some answers. I haven't read all of her books yet, so, maybe they have, if not, maybe they will?!?!

I loved both of these characters, imperfections and all. I had a pretty good idea who the "mystery guy" was but it was still fun trying to figure out if I was right or not. 

Cade could come off kind of jerk-ish but as the book went on, you could see he had a sweet side, even early on when comments were made by friends of his, he wouldn't always respond, not in front of her anyway, but especially when they'd actually talk, you'd see it. 

Further into the book, as things were explained, that gave us, the readers, more insight to why he may be had jerk moments, well seemingly jerk moments. I still liked Cade though, he seemed to have a pretty good heart about him. Even the small things that Kasie West was allowing us to see in the beginning allowed me not to totally write him off from the start.  His sarcasm and smart ass reactions to things were hilarious to me. Sarcasm, if done right, can be extremely funny and Kasie West knows how to do that! And I loved that Lily could give it back to him just as fiercely as he gave to her. 

There is so much more I could say I'm sure about her interactions with people in that school but I'm trying not to give away more than what I probably already have. 

I'd love to get a book on Isabel and Gabriel's relationship but especially on Isabel's life period. And Gabriel's life as well.  I'd like to see some things that go on in her life. It doesn't even have to be centered around many things in this book, just her life period. The friendship from her end, things at her home and so on. 

Then, there's Lucas. Dear Lucas! Someone I'd love to know more about. I'd like to see him get his own story as well and maybe have him and Lily become friends.  I'd like to see more of his interest, along with the music, too. 

I realized with the first book I read by Kasie West (Fill In Boyfriend), why she is so loved. She has a way of sucking you in and keeping you. She has a way of getting me out of my 'slumps' of not wanting to read (for various reasons). Even authors I know I enjoy haven't been able to pull me out of them like Ms. West can. Even though I went through a few days during this book that I didn't really want to read because I just wasn't feeling it (the reading itself, not the book) but now of course, I am anxious to get on to other books. I have one more book by her on the way and I am hoping to get whichever ones by her I don't have after that one arrives. Kasie West, now has a new fan! 




No comments:

Post a Comment