Monday, January 8, 2018

What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen

About This Book:
Series/Trilogy/Stand-Alone, etc:  Stand Alone
Release Date:  April 9, 2011
Setting:  Lakeview, NC
Page Count:  402
Format: Paperback
Genre(s):  YA, Romance, Contemporary, Women/Chick Lit, Coming of Age, Realistic Fiction
Date(s) Read: 1/1/18-1/8/18
Rating: 
             Book: 3/5                 Audio: 3/5                     Narrator: Meredith Hagner


Audio:
She sounded young, which is fine, but sometimes she sounded a bit too chipper at times what "too chipper" wasn't needed. Other than that, she was okay. 


Book:
Took a few attempts for me to get into and actually finish it. Even stopping 150 pages or so in and taking a break. I liked it enough to keep reading but as with many of her books I notice, most of them are just okay for me. Not bad but not great either. I get feelings of "when will this get done" quite a bit. I don't know why I keep trying with her books knowing I find them to be just okay. I guess I still have hopes that I will find another book of hers I will love as much as I loved "The Truth About Forever".

I still have 5-6 books on my shelf from her that I need to get through. I am one that I don't like having to get rid of books that I haven't read but I will if I lose interest. I am not quite there yet with her books because as I said, I think I still have hopes for her books. 

I think the only character I really and truly liked in the book was Dave. The main character was, well, okay. She came off as a bit of a pain sometimes but I understood some of what she felt but it came to a point that I was ready to smack her, hard! Her friend Deb/Debbie (whatever her name was lol), was a bit OCD'ish and a total perfectionist. She seemed like a sweet person but she was another one I wish I could have shook. Of the parents, I guess I did like the dad most, but Dessen did write them for you to like one over the other. 

There really isn't a lot that I have to say about this book than I already have. So, I guess I will just hush now and try to figure out what I want to read next. Or, maybe even just figure out something to watch.  :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment