Tuesday, February 6, 2018

By Your Side by Kasie West

About This Book:
Series/Trilogy/Stand-Alone, etc:  Stand Alone
Release Date:  1/31/17
Setting:  Utah
Page Count: 346 
Format:  Paperback
Genre(s):   Romance, Fiction, Young Adult
Date(s) Read: 2/4-2/6/18
Rating: 
  Book: 4/5    Audio: 4/5  Narrator: Caitlin Kelly (audible link)


Note:
There may be some things that may be spoiler'ish so enter at your own risk. I try not to make it overly spoiler'y but I know how I am and even the slightest thing can be spoiler for me. 


Audio:

She was good. I enjoyed listening to the book. 

Book:

I really enjoyed this book. The beginning was not the best for me but as it went on, it got better. I felt I could relate to her in a lot of areas because she has anxiety. Many things that she said she felt and went through, I always feel the same way. Thankfully, my anxiety hasn't gone to some levels her has. And I do have some associates who understand that I have anxiety and I don't have to fake it. Those who don't get it and I'm fine with that (friends, associates or people I just meet).  I know what it is to need order and few 'surprises'. 

I wasn't wild about Autumn in the beginning but as the book went on, she grew on me. I liked Dax almost from the beginning. The more I began to get to know him and understand him, the more I liked him. He was very wise for such a young age. He was even teaching me some things! And I am a 43 year old woman (As of this post)! I understood some of the feelings with Autumn not wanting to care about some things but deep down, sometimes, things did bother you and your anxiety got the best of when it comes to some things. 


I find some of her friends to be annoying butt holes and others, well, quite sweet. There's at least a couple I would have liked to give a swift kick to the tush and tell them to stop being such goofs and doing crazy stuff! 


Kasie West really knows how to write a topic and make you think sometimes. Most of her books for me are just sweet, light reads but this one was a bit more for me. A lot of 'growth'. She hasn't failed me yet! And I have only been reading her books since August! A new auto buy author! 




No comments:

Post a Comment