Sunday, February 11, 2018

The Road To Oz (Oz #5) by L. Frank Baum

About This Book:
Series/Trilogy/Stand-Alone, etc:  Series #5
Release Date:  1909
Setting:  Kansas  & Oz (With some magical places along the way)
Page Count:  261
Format: Hardcover (Bind Up)
Genre(s):   Fantasy, Children's, Fiction
Date(s) Read: 2/8-2/11
Rating: 
  Book: 5/5    Audio: 5/5  Narrator: Paul Chenevert (Libirivox)


My Thoughts:

Audio:
Whenever I go to listen to the audio, Paul is who I look for. He has become my favorite narrator when it comes to these books. I always do these on librivox or youtube if they uploaded it onto there. Sometimes, Librivox will charge to hear his narration (I think the first one or two books, at least, I got to listen to for free, not sure if they have started charging for all of them or not, just the last couple I've looked for, their was a fee and I don't have the budget to pay for each audio book I get, which is quite a bit these last couple of years. They've made my life so much easier!). I guess Paul is just that popular and I can see why. I personally find him amazing

Book:
I think so far, outside the Wizard of Oz of course, this is my one of my top favorites thus far. I loved the characters tremendously! Button Bright was a bit annoying but still cute by his description. Of course, I loved all of the favorites from the original Wizard of Oz, but I think my true favorite was the Shaggy Man. I liked him from the moment he showed up in the story. 

This being on the 2nd bind up and their are five total, with 3 stories each, it will be a while probably before I finish the entire series as I have to be in the mood for them but I hope to get this one done by the end of this year (that's a huge hopefully). I have all 5 bind ups (the only ones I know of) and probably will stop at the 5th even if there are more, this is just too much! lol If I had to do it again, I may have gotten one bind up at a time but at the same time, I am not sure if the ones I wanted would have still been available but in my excitement over these covers, I just had to get them! (look below for the cover. As stated, I did read out of the bind up and this is the cover I have)




No comments:

Post a Comment