Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson



About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
Series/Trilogy/Stand-Alone, etc: Stand Alone
Release Date:March 5, 2015
Page Count: 480
Format: Paperback

Setting: Stanwich, CT
Genre(s): YA,  Fiction, Romance, Contemporary
Date(s) Read: 3/29-4/3

Rating:       Book:  4/5     Audio:  4/5         Narrator(s): Suzy Jackson (listened on scribd)

My Thoughts:

Challenges: (I'll try to remember to add challenges with books if they have any category on the PSRC or BBC)
*Big Book Challenge
*Popsugar Reading Challenge: A Book With Song Lyrics (Kelly Clarkson; song kept running through my head when I read the title)

Audio:

I liked Suzy, she made it easier to get through a book that I may not have otherwise finished. It was a bit longer than I would have liked but I guess some things may have needed to be said. 

Book:
I liked it well enough. Chapters were a bit long. According to the audio, many were 58 minutes to over an hour long. Books with long chapters like that, tend to lose my interest for some strange reason. This is my first Morgan Matson book and although I did give it a 4/5, it isn't a favorite. I liked the characters a lot. Some things could be a bit irritating throughout the book (can't really pinpoint any at this point) but it was still a fun read/listen. 

If I had tried to read it when all the hype was going on, it may have gotten a lower rating from me because I would have, of course, been following the hype and it would have been a let down for me and that would have been too bad because it was a good book. I guess it's a good thing I can't always buy books when they first come out (bills, adult life and having sons and all..lol) because I may have gotten quite a few books and not liked them because I was on the hype train. Plus, with series, many times, the 2nd, 3rd+ are out and I can just go forward with them or, the author has other stand alones out that I can just go to if I like their writing enough. 

I've gotten off topic.....

Emily: I loved her! There are some things on that list I personally would not have done but it was good to see her be pulled out of her shell and meet new people. Things may not have always worked the way she wanted them too but some how, she made it through it all. 

Frank: He was a sweetheart! He would've been someone I wish I had as a friend even in adulthood! Especially in my adulthood because I'd appreciate him more! 

Dawn: I liked her a lot and some things that went on between her and Emily, I understood but I would like to see how things work out for her life.

Sloane: Was a bit much for me, even though she wasn't around, the flash backs gave an idea of who she was. It's good that she tried to pull Emily out and get her to try new things (like with the list) but sometimes, her actions made me cringe. I guess being young, you do things that are cringe worthy, heck we do it as adults. I didn't totally dislike her, it's just like I said, sometimes, she was just a bit much for me. 


(as always, I get the covers from Goodreads unless otherwise stated)

No comments:

Post a Comment