Sunday, March 25, 2018

The Color Purple by Alice Walker

About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
Series/Trilogy/Stand-Alone, etc: Stand Alone
Release Date: 1982
Page Count: 288
Format: Paperback

Setting: Georgia
Genre(s): Classics, Historical Fiction, LGBT, Feminism, Adult, Cultural-African American,                      Literature
Date(s) Read: 3/18-3/25/18

Rating:       Book: 4.5/5


My Thoughts(Reread)

I still enjoyed the book a lot but I really don't remember it being so vulgar with the curse words and descriptive about body parts. Some parts seemed to have been left out from when I read it before. Maybe I need to find the cover I read before and/or look into different covers and see if there is a difference. Some may not realize that some books change a little with each new addition. Example, when I first read/listened to "Where the Heart Is" by Billie Letts, Novalee didn't like 5's, with the book I bought, it said 7's and I noticed that through just scanning it (even in the movie, it was 5's). 

When I read the book the first time, I could have sworn Celie said that her and Mr. were actually friends now, in this one, that wasn't there. Now, maybe that was my imagination remembering that..lol...It just seemed like some things were added and taken out but because it had been so long, I can't pin point everything, that friendship part is the only thing I can recall. 

Other than the things I brought up previously, I really did still enjoy the book as I stated. Not sure if it was as much as the first time though. 

I reread this book this week as the reread-a-thon that too place this week (3/18-3/25). I only read this one book because I just didn't feel like reading many times.


                                (The cover I read the 2nd time, don't remember the first cover)

No comments:

Post a Comment