Sunday, May 6, 2018

That Summer by Sarah Dessen



About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
Series/Trilogy/Stand-Alone,etc: Stand Alone
Release Date5/11/14
Page Count198
Format: Paperback

Setting: Lakeview, NC
Genre(s)Fiction, YA, Romance, Contemporary, Realistic Fiction
Date(s)Read: 5/4-5/6

RatingBook: 3/5   Audio: 4/5   Narrator: Mia Barron


Some things (character thoughts) may be considered spoilerish to some, although I don't give too much in go but some, like me, can see the smallest thing was a spoiler.

Audio:
I think I liked her more than the book itself much of the time I was listening. 


Book:
The book started off really Meh but got a bit better the further I went along. I'm always iffy at the start of Sarah Dessen books but many times, by the end of it all, I end up enjoying many of them quite a bit. But still holding my favorite spot is: The Truth About Forever. I am gradually trying to work through all of her books. I still have one or two on my shelves (that I own) to get through before I will consider buying whatever is left of her books.

But, onto this book and it's characters:

Haven: I was glad to finally see her come into herself
Ashley: By the end, I was able to understand her and like her a little more. 
Sumner: With things that went on, I still liked him at the end
The Parents: Mom, I liked. Dad, too self absorbed. Mid-life crisis much?
The BFF: um...well, not quite sure what to think about her, even by the end of the book.

A good coming of age story that I was glad to see even if I didn't always agree how things went down. Both as a parent and as an adult knowing how things could end up when certain things take place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment