Friday, April 27, 2018

Lucky In Love by Kasie West



About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
Series/Trilogy/Stand-Alone,etc: Stand Alone
Release Date: 7/25/17
Page Count: 337
Format: Hardcover

Setting: Santa Ana, CA
Genre(s)Fiction, YA, Romance
Date(s)Read:4/18-4/27  

RatingBook: 3.75/5  Audio: 3/5 Narrator: Laurence Bouvard


My Thoughts:

Audio:

She was not the best narrator ever (In my personal opinion), but she definitely wasn't the worst I've heard either. I stopped reading books because of a narrator because to my ear, they just weren't doing it for me (and I knew I wouldn't finish it on my own!

Book:

There were some aspects of this book that annoyed me:
1. Friends who were beyond pushy and jealous.
2. Pushy associates and trying to get her to do things with her money that she wasn't comfortable with (nothing illegal just "simple" stuff)
3. She was very much a people pleaser but, I actually get that because I tend to still be a bit of a people pleaser at 43 years old but it finally got to the point I'm tired of doing what folks think is best for me when I know it isn't. Yes, sometimes, things have to get done that you might not want to do but sometimes you know it may be best..then, there are times, you just know it isn't right at all!

Beyond those things, I did love Maddie for her discipline in focusing on what she wanted done and doing it. A focus and discipline I still struggle with now in life. So, here I am being motivated, again, by someone so much younger than me! lol....But I always believe something can be learned from everything and everyone (what to do and what not to do). 

Seth, he is the cool, calm, laid back person I like that let's little bother him it seems. If it does, he rarely shows it. He just knows how to relax and go with the flow in many cases (I'm one who isn't a go with the flow of people or society but going with the flow of your personal life and not letting things stress you, just handling it and going on, is something to strive for in my opinion).

So, both have me rethinking areas of life. And books like that, will always get a good score in my 'book'. So, why a 3.75/5 stars? Well, because it was a little harder to keep myself interested in the book when it came to certain characters.



No comments:

Post a Comment