Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Wedding Cake Crumble (Cupcake Bakery Mystery Series #10) by Jenn McKinlay


About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
Series/Trilogy/Stand-Alone, etc: Series #10
Release Date: April 3, 2018
Page Count: 267
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Genre(s): Cozy Mystery, Romance
Date(s) Read: 5/22-5/29
Rating:        Book:   5/5  


My Thoughts:

Book:

As always, I really enjoyed this book! I found myself laughing out loud on almost every page. This one, I think is one of my favorites in the series. The characters as always, I adore! I love the banter and relationships with the 3 best friends. The romance and the imperfectly perfect way they all deal with each other. 

I love the parents, uncles, pets, everything and everyone (not the bad people of course)! Oh, and pets? There was a new edition to the one that was there and I loved her too! As cute as she is, I am not quite as attached to her, yet, as I am the cat Captain Jack! Unfortunately, I am allergic to cats but I can just take a claritin and love on him all day! I hope (still have to factor in itchy eyes, but they have drops for that too I guess). But, I'm sure that if there are at least one or two more books, I will fall in love with the pooch even more! 

I am hoping for at least one more book where one of my favorite couples gets married but if I had it my way, I would like another two books to see two more couples get married off as well. Then, see some babies born among 2 of those 3 couples (one couple is a bit past child bearing years with grown kids and grandkids lol).

So, basically, yes, I want more! This is one series I can definitely say is my favorite and I look forward to reading and that I pay full price for (which full price isn't too bad at [up to] $7.99 on amazon brand new).

I really don't think I have a whole lot to say about this book and even if I did, I wouldn't want to give too much away as this is the 10th book in a series. They work more like companions but there are some things carried over from previous books of course, like relationships and people disliking each other and reasons possibly given in previous books. I don't think you need to read them in order but I would suggest you do to make it easier to keep up with, although she does give some level of back story in each book. 

Here is the list of the name of the books in this series: Cupcake Bakery Mystery Series.


No comments:

Post a Comment