Friday, July 20, 2018

The Emerald City of Oz (Oz #6) by L. Frank Baum

                                                                           TO

About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
Series: Oz #6
Release Date: 1910
Format: Hardcover (Bind Up-Volume 2)
Setting: Kansas & Oz
Page Count: 248
Genre(s): Chilren's, Fantasy, Fiction, Classics
Date(s) Read: 7/12-7/20
Rating:  Book: 3.5/5  Audio:  4/5(scribd)  Narrator(s):  Ron Knowles 


My Thoughts:


Audio:

When certain things happened, they'd actually do that action (i.e.- the ringing of the bell). Thankfully, actions that required it, didn't happen often. Sometimes, the voices he did, I didn't always understand, so, that's when I was glad to have the book nearby majority of the time. That kept me from having to go back on the audio as often, if at all. Other than that, I really did like the narrator. I normally listen to these on librivox and go after a particular narrator, Phil Chenevert I believe it is. He is my favorite when it comes to the reading of the Oz books. 


Book:

This one was good, but not the best in my opinion. Maybe some of it was I kept losing interest. Part of me wanted to read it at first but then, something happened while listening to/reading this book. I don't know what but I just kept feeling like I needed something different. Not sure what. As always though, this book was just as cute and sweet at the others. These books can just make you feel good and like a kid again. You find yourself rooting for these characters and loving them. 

Now,to let everyone know, I never knew any of the stories beyond watching the "Wizard of Oz" (and of course "The Wiz") when I was young. So, when I began reading these stories, I was learning things for the very first time. I say that to say, the end of this book was a bit of a surprise for me because well, there are 9 other stories to go. It will be interesting to see where he takes it from here. (What happens at the end? Well, if you haven't read these books, I guess this will give you a great excuse to begin! Right?) 🌝

I have 3 more volumes to get through (5 volumes total with 3 stories in each). I need to make a way to read at least one story every few months. I won't force it if I am not feeling it but I really do need to get these done. I will hopefully be able to work on and get this done by the end of next year (God willing). Yes, I will give myself that long because I don't want to force it like I said and there are a lot of other books I'd like to read and don't want to put myself in a slump trying to force myself to read things I am not in the mood for (I am truly a moody reader). 



(I generally tend to copy the covers for my blogs from goodreads)

No comments:

Post a Comment