Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Fat Dad, Fat Kid: One Father and Son's Journey to Take Power Away From the "F-Word" by Shay Butler & Gavin Butler

                                                                           TO

About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
Stand-Alone 
Release Date: 1/6/15
Format: Paperback
Setting: Idaho
Page Count: 208
Genre(s): Non-Fiction, Self Help
Date(s) Read: 6/29-7/4/18
Rating:   Book:   5/5     Audio:   5/5       Narrator(s): Shay Butler and Gavin Butler


My Thoughts:

Audio:
I loved listening to them read the book. Hearing Gavin at that age is just too cute. As always, Shay was hilarious. 


Book:
I followed along a little bit in the book and would mark certain pages that I knew I'd want to go back to later on. I laughed, I learned, I was encouraged, I felt better about my failures (not beating myself about my failures). I really enjoyed hearing Shay and Gavin (11 years old at the time) read this book. 

Some peoples reviews I read said it was repetitive, I guess some parts could have been but it wasn't that bad at all. Not enough for me to take notice anyway. I guess because I have listened to/read enough books that seemed to repeat itself so much that it was like they were doing it every few pages (seemed that way), that if they did, I didn't take notice of it. Yes, they were doing a 30 day challenge to stay off of sugar, exercise, etc, so it would seem they talked about the sugar and exercise thing a lot but, heck, they were doing the challenge, what else would we expect? :)

There isn't really a whole lot to say except what I already said without being repetitive myself so, I'll hush now. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment