Thursday, September 6, 2018

Standing In The Rainbow (Elmwood Springs #2) by Fannie Flagg




About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
Series: #2
Release Date: 1998 (First Published)
Format: Paperback
Setting:Elmwood Springs, Missouri
Page Count: 560 pages
Genre(s): Women's Fiction/Chick Lit, Humor
Date(s) Read: [Finished]
Rating:   Book:  5/5   Audio:  5/5        Narrator(s): Kate Reading


My Thoughts:
(Originally started reading this during the Booktubeathon @ the end of July/Early August but it was a slower read and set it aside)

Audio:
I enjoyed listening to her. Her voice is perfect for these books and characters. Makes them that much more enjoyable. 

Book:
I enjoyed learning more about 'Neighbor' Dorothy and her family (Read the books out of order, wasn't intentional, I just read them as I found them and I didn't know it was a series for the longest time). Hamm Sparks got on my last daggone nerve! Ugh! Norma, normally got on my nerves sometimes in other books but she was tame in those compared to this one! She got on my nerves in this one more than anything. 

There were times in this book, when the 'politics' came into play, reminded me of things that took place during the elections of 2016 through to now. And this book was published in 1998! A lot of the feelings of some on every side has said and thought. I found it to be amazing that a book written 18-20+ years earlier could 'predict' feelings of today.

I can say that I really loved this book. The more into the book I got, the more I enjoyed it. There was a part in the book that had me laughing for a good bit & had to pause the audio book. For those that haven't read it but considering it, I won't say what because I don't want any type of spoilers for anyone. 

This is one book I can say was bitter sweet when the last page was read. I didn't want it to end because I was loving the characters so much (even Norma), yet, I am looking forward to my next read. 


No comments:

Post a Comment