Wednesday, March 20, 2019

A Deal to Die For (A Good Buy Girl #2) by Josie Belle


About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
Series: #2
Release Date: December 31, 2012
Format:  Mass Market Paperback
Setting: St. Stanley, VA
Page Count: 256 
Genre(s): Cozy Mystery, Fiction, Romance
Date(s) Read: 3/18/19-3/20/19

 Rating 3/5

My Thoughts:
(Initially started reading it 3/2/19 but I put it down to read something else)

Not sure if it was me, the book or both but I struggled with this one. It wasn't bad, I just wasn't always feeling it. I stuck with it though. Mostly because I wanted to know what happened and just didn't want to DNF because I just wanted to get past always being a mood reader. I won't always push past that because I don't want to end up in a major slump or worse, I stop wanting to read altogether. Yes, that's drastic, but something I've thought about. 

Anyway...um...what did I think about the book beyond my struggling? I liked it. Maybe it was the second book syndrome for me with this one. I loved the characters. Even rooted for the mean one once in this book! 😂 Even the heel I liked in this book although I kind of saw it coming. It was between two people. It kind of ended open ended on a couple parts but one I know how it'll end up. I kind of peeked at the summary of another book...lol. 

I think I also like this series because it's a series about bargain shopping! They are a bit more out there with it than I am but I do like trying to get the more for my money. Thrift shopping. Dollar store. So much more. Maybe I can learn a thing or two from these ladies.

This series is written under a pseudonym of Josie Belle but the author I first came across her as Jenn McKinlay. Favorite series from Jenn McKinlay is the Cupcake Bakery Mystery series. 

Okay, I'm done going from one topic to another. Thanks for reading this far. 😂



No comments:

Post a Comment