Saturday, April 6, 2019

Keeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen



About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
Stand-Alone
Release Date: September 1, 1999
Format: Paperback
Setting: Colby, NC
Page Count: 228
Genre(s): Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Fiction
Date(s) Read: 4/5/19-4/6/19
Rating:   
Book: 3.5/5   Audio:  5/5    Narrator(s): Stina Nielson

My Thoughts:

Readathons:
1. Booklist Readathon: Read a book that is on your "lists"
2. O.W.L.s Magical Readathon-Published at least 10 years ago (1999)

Audio:
I think this is the second audio book I have listened to with Stina Nielson. It may have even been a Sarah Dessen book. One of these days, I may have to try to remember to look it up. I guess I can jot a note to do it later. I do enjoy listening to her read the book. 

Book:
I enjoyed the book There were some parts that I wish I could have shaken some of the characters. Some things were a bit much. Guilt trips because someone may think something or someone may or may not be their thing. Instead of just maybe asking have they ever even though about giving it a chance. Some things were just too easily thrown together, all of a sudden. Worked out too easily. I guess if their stories continued, you'd see the continued struggles. The story over all was really good but because of how some things just played out and came together too easily, that took the rating down for me a little bit. The growth in the book was really good. Realistic struggles that many deal with at their ages and even older folks deal with. Some behaviors could come off as controlling though, even though you knew they meant well. Some were just blunt and almost scary. lol...

I'd started typing it out as I was listening to the book but I found myself just flopping all over the place so, I had to start over! Which is why, I don't really have a whole lot to say. 


No comments:

Post a Comment