Thursday, April 4, 2019

Love, Life & the List by Kasie West


About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
Stand-Alone
Release Date: 12/26/17
Format: Hardcover
Setting: Not Sure
Page Count: 374
Genre(s): YA, Romance, Contemporary
Date(s) Read: 4/1/19-4/4/19
Rating:   
Book:  5/5   Audio: 5/5    Narrator(s): Caitlin Kelly

My Thoughts:

-Booklist Readathon:
A 5 star prediction
* Book that starts with an 'S' or 'L'

-OWLs Magical Readathon:
* Muggle Studies~>Contemporary

-Favorite of 2019

Audio:
Well, I don't know what else to say beyond me liking her. Her voice was appropriate for the main character (teenager). 

Book:
Kasie West is an auto buy author for me. First book I ever read by her was The Fill-In Boyfriend. I loved it! And picked up every book I could since then. I have one more to purchase (Listen To Your Heart) and hoping to get it soon (paperback comes out in may. Might go for that one).

Now, how did I feel about this one? 

From the first chapter, I was giggling and wanting to laugh out loud but I was in a public place and my shyness tends to stop me from that! 😂

I loved Abby & Cooper. I loved how Abby tried to deal with her mother's anxiety. I know it had to be hard on her. As a mom, with anxiety, I know it can be a bit much for my sons. My anxieties were a bit different from hers but I got some of it. You get nervous about some things that may drive others nuts (i.e.-I can be a bit of a worrier) or just don't think much about. 

I, in all honesty, thought the list part would be a bit annoying but I actually enjoyed that part of it too. I enjoyed them going through the list. 

There was one character though, that I honestly wanted to smack! I really try not to say I want to smack folks, generally, I try to say I want to "shake some sense into them" but this one...Nope! Smack😂 Anyone who has read the book already, you might get it and know who it is. Those who haven't but want to, once you do, you will get it! Maybe even early on. I wanted to "shake her" when she first showed up but I had hoped I was wrong even though a large part of me knew better. 

Then it came. For the first time ever I think. I don't cry with books. This one, I did!  Memories. Mistakes I've made as a parent. Mistakes mine made, even if not identical to what happened here, just knowing how sometimes feeling you've been rejected, left out, or whatever negative feeling we can have because of others mistakes. Friends mistakesEven mistakes you have made as a friend. So, um, yeah, my allergies cut up quite a bit during those parts of the book. My eyes just kept watering. A bit of a pain but thankfully, it cleared up quickly

I really did enjoyed this book. The fact it can pull out emotions from me and really jerk that chain for me, made it even "better"! This book, for different reasons, put this in the number one spot with one other Kasie West book: Fill-In Boyfriend! A bit of cheese, but I still loved it in all it's cheesiness! 




No comments:

Post a Comment