Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Buried in Bargains (Good Buy Girls #3) by Josie Belle




About This Book:
Series: 3
Release Date: October 1, 2013
Format: Mass Market Paperback 
Setting: St. Stanley, VA
Page Count: 272
Genre(s): cozy mystery, fiction, adult, romance (clean)
Date(s) Read: (Finished) 5/29/19
Rating:   
Book:  3/5
                
My Thoughts:

Finish a Series Readathon

As usual, it took me a while to get through this book because I had to sit and read it which has been difficult over the last year or so. When my stress levels are up, it's hard for me to sit down and focus on a book. As the years go by at the complex I love at, the harder it is to concentrate on even the simplest of things. So, things are suffering. Including my reading. Audio books have come in handy for me because I can multitask while listening but unfortunately, not every book has an audio book...this being one of them. And sometimes, I just can't get my hands on one. 

But, that's not what this is about..not really. 

This is a series under a pseudonym. Josie Belle is Jenn McKinlay, one of my favorite cozy mystery writers. Well, there is a particularly series I love by her, "Cupcake Bakery Mystery" Series. And although I am not loving this as much as C.B.M., I still really like it. 

It's got my kind of thing going on in it: bargain shopping! Now, I am no where near as good as these ladies but I admire that they can find great deals and I sometimes wish I had their dedication!😂  I am on though that loves to get the most for my money. Whenever I can find good coupons, codes, etc, I use them! When I don't, I still comparison shop. When store brands work, that's what I get .

oops, I got off on a tangent again. 

I love the characters. With the exception of one but we're not supposed to like that one. I love the friendship between all of the ladies; how much they love and go to bat for each other. How honest they are with each other when need be and try to do it without hurting each other's feelings, if it happens, it's never intended. 

The love interest and banter between Maggie and Sam, I love. No, that's not much of a spoiler, if you've read copies before, many of them have romance in them. 

As per usual with cozy mystery books, it tends to be the Scooby Doo type of thing when it comes to finding out who the bad guy/girl is (except without the pulling off of the masks lol) I still love them! This one, although I enjoyed it, just wasn't keeping my attention like the other two did but at the same time, so many cozies just aren't the CBM series! Just something about that series for me I love! 💜 

But if course, I recommend the series because it is cute and it just might be someone else's favorite! 😊




No comments:

Post a Comment