Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Split Second (Pivot Point #2) by Kasie West


About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
Duology: #2
Release Date: February 11, 2014
Format: Hardcover
Setting: Dallas, TX
Page Count: 360
Genre(s): Young Adult, Fantasy/Dystopian, Sci-Fi, Romance
Date(s) Read: (Finished) 6/12/19 (Originally started this book 3/22/19)
Rating:   
Book: 4/5   

My Thoughts:

Golden Girls Readathon
 #GGTeamSophia--Read a book with a title starting with an "S"


Book:

Well, it took me almost 3 months to finally finish this book. The book was good, but I think my issue was I just wasn't feeling the fantasy as much as I thought I was when I picked up the book. To add to it, when I have to pick up a book and actually sit and read it, most of the time, it takes more for me to read it because I have to just sit and read. I am in an almost constant position of not being able to focus on a book. The reason will depend on the day. 

When I am under stress, no matter how little, it's hard for me to want to read. That's why I always see if I can find an audio book because at least that way, I can do other things while I listen (I sometimes finding myself not wanting to listen to them as well, especially if I am laying down..that's usually when my desire to pick up an actual book comes up).

So, anyway, about the book.

Pivot Point, I loved! When I finally ordered this one and tried to read it, it just didn't seem to have that same flow as Pivot Point did for me. I still loved the characters, especially Trevor. I even loved Connor, even when he wasn't in quite so lovable moments but seeing some of the things he had to deal with, I understood. Boy do I want to say more about Connor but I can't because I'd give too much away that would spoil it for those who haven't read it! 

There are some things that borderline broke my heart because well, things just weren't as they seemed. The unlikable characters? They were really and truly Unlikable! Kasie West has a way of writing her charcters and stories to make you want to or not want to know more and more about them & their lives, even if she wraps it up somewhat nicely. There are still a couple characters I'd like to know more about. Well, three actually. And how they ended up. It would be nice if she was able to do one more book just about those three. Two of them being the main two characters with the third remaining the side character. Guess it would be a semi companion to it. But I am not quite sure how popular these books actually were. On Goodreads, it has just under 15,000 ratings so if going by that alone, I guess there won't be a third. 

I know, I am being so vague! But, I have to be, mostly because this is a 2nd in a duology! But, if you like fantasy/dystopian'ish type of world, then this duology might be good for a quick read. I, as always, wouldn't suggest you go into it expecting blockbusters but just go into it hoping to at least being entertained while you're reading/listening to the books. There is no audio book for this one but there is one for Pivot Point (which is how I 'read' that one).





No comments:

Post a Comment