Friday, August 9, 2019

Short & Skinny by Mark Tatulli


About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
📍Stand Alone
📍Release Date: October 16, 2018
📍Format: Hardcover
📍Setting: New Jersey
📍Page Count: 250
📍Genre(s): Middle Grade, Autobiography, Humor, Graphic novel
📍Date(s) Read: 8/8/19-8/9/19
📍Rating:   
Book:   4.75/5

📌N.E.W.T.'s Magical Readathon: House Ingredient: Book with a cover in your Hogwart's Color 
(I'm a Hufflepuff)

My Rambles:
This one is replacing another book I read for prompt mentioned above.

This was as cute and as sweet as some said it would be and I really liked it as much as I had hoped. This graphic novel does speak on bullying but that is not the total focus throughout the whole thing. It talks mostly about his love of what was a new movie then (book set in 1977): the first Star Wars movie. He is a sweet kid with quirky parents, two siblings,a few close friends and a crush. This is an autobiography of the life of the author during his middle school life in 1977 but he does it in a way that is funny and cute. 

I was hoping I would really like it but I wasn't quite sure if I would. From the moment I started reading it, all the way to the end, I adored this graphic novel. I am not one who seeks out graphic novels and comics but sometimes, I do pick some up for quick reads and/or if one catches my interest. 

I don't want to say much more for the risk of giving spoilers so, I will repeat that I did enjoy the graphic novel and would suggest it to anyone who likes middle grade and maybe even comics/graphic novels. 



No comments:

Post a Comment