Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #3) by Jenny Han




About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
📌Trilogy: #3 
📌Release Date: May 2, 2017
📌Format: Hardcover
📌Setting: Charlottesville, VA
📌Page Count: 325
📌Genre(s):YA, Romance, Fiction, Contemporary
📌Date(s) Read: 9/23-9/24/17 
📌Rating:   
Book:  2.75/5   Audio:  4/5  Narrator(s): Laura Knight Keatings


Contemporaryathon Round 5:

Diverse (She is bi-racial; Asian (Japanese if I remember correctly) & White)
Plants on the cover (the thing on the back of her chair has flowers on it)My Rambles:

This book was good but not something I can say I really enjoyed as much as I did the first book. I'm kind of glad I didn't buy it because it may have gotten DNF'd otherwise. It was not bad at all, just not something I was into. Maybe one day, if I am in the mood to give it another try, I will. Maybe I will see it differently if I ever do reread it. I am grateful that I had an audio book to listen to. It made the book for me and made it easier for me to get through even though I thought about DNF'ing it even close to the end (the last 100 pages or so).

The "creating drama just to have drama" moments, kind of obvious in this book and the second. I really do wish I could have enjoyed this more. I think what annoyed me most throughout the entire trilogy was the little sister Kitty. She had no filter, at all and they rarely checked her for her mouth and let her know that she can't always say what's she speaking, sometimes, it's okay to just remain silent or at least think first before you speak. No, this isn't about being politically correct, it's about teaching maturity so as she get's older, she can know that you don't always have to spew the first thing you think, especially if you don't know the entire situation. Again, this all goes back to maturity. She is young, she doesn't have that yet, I get it but I just felt she was a bit much. My older son is the same way and I am still trying to teach him to think before he speaks. His mouth has gotten him into trouble with us and folks outside his family. It's okay to speak your mind but there comes a time, as I said, when you need to learn to hush. 

But, I digress. The book was just okay for me through most of it. Maybe as time goes by, I may think on some things, I may change my mind on it but I guess I thought the same thing about the second book as well. 

Of course, there were some good parts about it but I am not quite sure if it would be spoilerish or not so I will just say that some ended up being happy by the end of this book. And I was glad to finally see that.

Would I recommend it? Well, I would never sit here and tell people not to read anything because I know how picky I can be about the books I read and we as humans can be very different and enjoy different things. So, don't go by me, read it anyway and form your own opinion.

Happy Reading, 

Bridget



No comments:

Post a Comment