Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Rees Brennan



About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
πŸ“ŒStand-Alone
πŸ“ŒRelease Date: April 5, 2016
πŸ“ŒFormat: Hardcover
πŸ“ŒSetting: New York 
πŸ“ŒPage Count: 360
πŸ“ŒGenre(s): Fantasy (Magic), YA, Retelling, Dystopian'ish
πŸ“ŒDate(s) Read: 9/16-9/17/19
πŸ“ŒRating:   
Book:  2.5/5   Audio:  4/5  Narrator(s): Lisa Larsen

Nameathon:
   B-Beautiful Cover


Popsugar Reading Challenge 2019:
   A Retelling of a Classic (A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens)
                                              (summary linked)
Seasonal Challenge: Fall
   "T" in September


My Rambles:

This book started off not all that great, went on as a not so great book. It got a tiny bit better when it hit about the 3 hours left mark (as you noticed, I listened to the audio book while following on -kind of- in the book. More to keep up with page count than anything or if I missed something and wanted to read over that part myself). 

The book isn't horrible it just wasn't my thing. I finished it to figure out what was going on and what the summary didn't say. And I wanted to know how things turned out. The characters were just okay. If you like Sarah Rees Brennan and haven't read this book, I would recommend you try it. I would tell anyone not to go by what I think because I can be a bit picky sometimes and what I don't like, others may love and vice versa. The one good thing about this book was the growth of at least a couple of characters. 

I am familiar with Brennan from the Shadowhunters Novellas so when I saw this book, I decided to pick it up and it came at a perfect time for this readathon because I found the cover to be beautiful. I saw the book before at the library but already had too many books at the time so just left it. When I went searching for more books at the library, it was still there. This is the first full novel I have read by her and I am somewhat willing to at least take a look at her other books and decide from there if I want to try any more of her books. 



No comments:

Post a Comment