Thursday, September 12, 2019

Contemporaryathon (Round 5)


This is a week long readathon that I had fun doing the last time I did it. I was looking forward to this one to come around again and it comes in just over a week...

So, here are the prompts:


1. Read a 2019 release 2. Read a contemporary with yellow on the cover 3. Read a diverse contemporary (aim to read something outside of your own experience) 4. Read a contemporary with an illustrated cover 5. Read a dark / hard-hitting contemporary 6. Read a contemporary with plants on the cover 7. Read a contemporary that is beloved by a member of the book community (and shout out the creator!)


I will try to do as many as I can but the one book I have that was released in 2019 (The Rest of the Story by Sarah Dessen), is so slow paced that I just couldn't get into it and I only have the audio CD at this point so I can't speed it up. I may take it back to the library and try again when I can get the audio through one of the apps so I can speed it up. It's not bad, it's actually pretty good, just very slow paced as I said. Already in a slump so I need something a bit more fast paced to get me back into reading again. I took a week off from any serious reading for a week. I just read a nonfiction as I felt like reading.


Welp, rambled again....ahem....


So, I have some ideas of what I want to read for this but not much. And I am a mood reader so I like being able to just go by what I want at the moment. I have been trying to stick to TBR's for readathons the last couple of months and that has been a struggle for me and put me into slumps or close to it a couple times. This one should be a lot easier...It will help give me ideas where to go and pick up a book and I will probably push it in some areas...


For example, for "Read a book with plants on the cover"..if I decided I wanted to read "Always and Forever, Lara Jean ...there are flowers on something that is hanging off of her chair..and what looks like white flowers on her desk, next to a picture behind her....I would use that for this...


I will not be doing a TBR per say for this one...I will look into ones I think I might want to read for it and change my mind as I may need to...and push the boundaries as needed lol...Or, just do "extras" if nothing fits but I just want to read it.


But, I will share the announcement video below to get more information from chelseadollingreads (her channel linked).


So, see you next time...


Happy Reading,


Bridget


No comments:

Post a Comment