Sunday, December 1, 2019

Non Fiction November & Believeathon Wrap Up

Non-Fiction November Prompts:
✅1. Design: The Wisdom of Sundays by Oprah Winfrey
 (pages are beautiful) (My thoughts linked above. From goodreads)

2. Sport:


3. TrueThe Wisdom of Sundays by Oprah Winfrey 
(Speaking their various truths, on different topics of the book & about how they see different things in their lives and the changes they made

4. VoiceThe Wisdom of Sundays by Oprah Winfrey
(From interviews on Super Soul Sundays/Conversations)

 I read/listened to other books but didn't finish them. Some of the reason is because I didn't read everyday because one or two books were on audio. One of them that were on audio, he is such a quiet spoken man that I had to concentrate and I kept having to go back some, even started over once..so I am not that far in. All, I just took my time with. Plus, my ears started bothering me so I had to go a bit without listening. And, I have been taking notes as well. One of those books is The Power of Now (summary linked) by Eckhart Tolle (audio). I will continue on until I finish the book. I did buy it so I could "annotate" the book. So, I'm glad that the Believeathon took place last month as well. I feel like I actually accomplished something and gave me the push I needed to get to some picture books I've been wanting to read for a while and even a couple that came out this year. Whenever possible, I will be buying The Wisdom of Sundays (summary linked) as well. It is one of my favorites this year. 

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻


Believeathon Prompts:
1. Read a book featuring magic: Hocus Pocus, it's Fall by Anne Sibley O'Brien (Illustrated by Susan Gal)**
2.Read a book featuring a myth or legend:
3. Read a book with real life issues: The Undefeated by Kwame Alexander
4. Read a book set in the past: Sweet Clara and the Freedom Quilt by Deborah Hopkinson 
5. Read a book with a strong sense of friendship:
6. Read an atmospheric or creepy book:
7. Read a seasonal bookHocus Pocus, it's Fall by Anne Sibley O'Brien
8. Read a book with an animal character: Poppy the Pirate Dog's Shipmate by Liz Kessler
9. Read a classic children's story: Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
10. Re-read your personal childhood favorite: Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown (Illustrated by Clement Hurd) [This one was my younger son's favorite book when he was little, I've already read some of my favorites for readathons this year, didn't want to re-read those again]

Bonus Book(s):
►Poppy the Pirate Dog by Liz Kessler
►Hair Love by Matthew A. Cherry
►Rosa by Nikki Giovanni
►The Red Hen by Rebecca Embereley
►Stone Soup by Marcia Brown

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

More Thoughts:
**Hocus Pocus, It's Fall: I counted this book for the "magic words" in the title and at least a time or two throughout the book. So, yes, I kind of pushed it with that one. lol

**I read mostly children's books over middle grade because I still just was not in much of a mood for longer novels/fiction & the children's books were easier to sit and read for me. Plus, I just really enjoyed them so I'm glad I picked them up. especially Hocus Pocus, It's Fall. That one became one of my favorites for this year..if for no other reason than the pictures in the book. Although the Poppy books were chapter books, they still were not that long. They were more like the chapter books for 2nd/3rd graders that are just starting to read chapter books.

I also started reading A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood (Summary Linked) but didn't finish it of course and I didn't want to rush to finish it. I will definitely work on finishing the books I started in November in the month of December. I will try not to start any other ones until I finish the ones I started, even though I do have others on my shelf. 
 🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻




 
 



 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment