Saturday, February 15, 2020

Practicing the Power of Now: Essential Teachings, Meditations, and Exercises from the Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle

About This Book
Summary
📌Stand-Alone*:  
📌Release Date: September 25, 2001
📌Format: Hardcover
📌Setting: N/A
📌Page Count:140 (Not including Acknowledgements & pages after that)
📌Genre(s): Non-Fiction, Self Help (Personal Development), Spirituality
📌Date(s) Read: 2/14-2/15/20
📌Rating:   
Book:  5/5   Audio:  5/5  Narrator(s): Eckhart Tolle

Favorite of 2020
Adultathon 
 (didn't fit a prompt, this would be an 'extra')


My Rambles:

*(This was written/published after The Power of Now (summary linked) & would be more of a companion to it. I don't think "The Power of Now" needs to be read before this one as I believe it could stand on it's own & makes a bit more "sense" to me now but maybe that's because I read the previous mentioned book and finished it earlier this year)


                    ☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

As much as I loved The Power of Now, I loved this one just as much, if not more. Maybe because, as I mentioned above, I read it previously and finished it in January so it's still somewhat fresh in my memory. While listening to this one, I just kept wanting to re-read it all over again and I was barely even an hour into the book, if I even made it that far in before wanting to start it over again! This will be a book I buy as soon as my finances allows me to do so. 

When I went to begin working on getting this blog together, I noticed the date it was published. Fourteen (14) days after 9/11/01. So, I do believe this book came out during a time when people would really need it most. To begin the healing process. A process that I am sure will be a life-long situation for those who lost someone but also us as a Country and folks who were touched by it around the world as well. Then for those who also dealt with their own national tragedies as well. 

But, regardless of the reasons that people need to begin to heal from their lives and learning how to get and remain in the now, this book is perfect. Even if you are a Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, Atheist, etc. It will help the healing process by teaching you how not to live in the past or future but "focus" on what's happening Now. 

Now, for me, if I take a title, I would fit under Christian, so I apply all of this to my beliefs in every area it fits. 

This for me just confirms a lot of things that I have been "feeling", thinking in my life about not judging through ego and learning to love even when I don't always like certain situations in the human life situations. It's a hard go but he never said it would be easy and well, for me and my personal walk in life, I do a lot of praying and bible reading and much more. 

So, in a nutshell, I love this book. And I typed up most of this when I still had just over an hour left in the book. I could have finished it in a day buy ended up doing other things so it took me a bit longer and I got it done a bit later (audio book is 2 hrs 57 minutes). Nothing new had to be added once I did finish the book/audio book because I had already typed my feelings about the book. All positive. :o)

                 ☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼ 

P.S.A.:
(My comments are limited because I had someone who would spam my comments from time to time with a link and blogger/blogspot doesn't allow blocking/muting "because of freedom of speech" and all. Which, I agree with freedom of speech but when it comes to spamming and disrespect, well, I'd like to be able to mute/block that. Especially when it isn't warranted (disrespect). But is disrespect ever warranted? So, we should have the freedom to block/mute it. Especially the spamming. Folks will not get free business off of me, especially if it is something I may not agree with. IJS.  And no, this isn't a PC statement. 🤷‍♀️)



No comments:

Post a Comment