Tuesday, February 25, 2020

The Path Made Clear: Discovering Your Life's Direction and Purpose by Oprah Winfrey

About This Book
Summary
📌Stand-Alone
📌Release Date: March 8, 2019
📌Format: Hardcover
📌Setting: N/A
📌Page Count: 208
📌Genre(s): Non-Fiction, Self-Help
📌Date(s) Read: (Finished) 2/25/20
📌Rating:   
Book:  3.5/5   

Adultathon 
-Extra Book. Didn't fit a prompt

My Rambles:

I did like the book but just not as much as I did The Wisdom of Sundays. It kept my attention of course, because I did finish it after all. There were quite a few people that I had never heard of that contributed to this book so I did scan over the "contributors" in the back of the book to see who some of them were. Most of the ones I was interested in knowing a bit more about were authors. There were a couple of pastors in there. One of which I listen to on a regular basis. There were some gems in there that I wrote down in my journal that I hope to go back to and read from time to time. Maybe one day I will re-rent this book from the library and go through it again. Not sure if I liked it enough to buy it. Maybe if I happen to see it for a really good price I'd pick it up. But I am hoping to one day pick up The Wisdom of Sundays because I liked that one a lot more. 

You don't need to be a fan of Oprah's to appreciate these books. You can always get it from the library if you have access to one and they have it or get it from a used book store. I don't dislike her by any means but I know there are many who don't. Naturally, I question some things based on what I hear but one thing I've learned about rumors, not all are true and/or many times, there's some not so true things added into with the facts. All that said, anything I buy, would be bought from a used book store (online or physical book store). But, if you like Oprah and her interviews, especially Super Soul Sundays series, then you'd probably like this book and The Wisdom of Sundays book if you haven't picked them up already.  

Anyway...that said, I liked it well enough to finish and suggest it to anyone who wants some little gems on how to see things differently in life. In both books. 



No comments:

Post a Comment