Sunday, February 23, 2020

The Leap Year Book Tag

I originally found this on YouTube and I will link the person I originally watched and the creators of the tag (if I can find them) in the blog. More than likely, towards the bottom.

If it counts, I will add my thoughts on the book. Otherwise, it will just be linked to the summary (if I link my thoughts, the summary of the book will be in that blog). I also did a vlog that will be linked here as well.

So, without further ado, here are the prompts for the tag.

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

(If some titles are skipped, it's because I already linked the summary/my thoughts else where)

Tag questions:
1. An extra day: what is one book that brought a little something extra?
-The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle (my thoughts linked)
-The Blacker the Berry by Wallace Thurman (my thoughts linked)
-The First Wife: A Tale of Polygamy by Pauline Chiziane (my thoughts linked)
2. Taking a big leap: what is one book that you are/were afraid to read?
-Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson (series page linked)
(Already Read Mistborn (my thoughts linked). Just need to read: Well of Ascension & The Hero of Ages)
-The Fellowship of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien (Series page linked)
-Queen by Alex Haley (Summary Linked)
-The Clan of the Cave Bear (Earth's Children #1)by Jan M. Auel (Series page linked) 3. Every 4 years: what is the 4th book you read this year?
Okay, this part gets a bit tricky for me because I completed 3 books on the same day and one of these books had to be the 4th book right? I just don't remember which I finished first, so, I just will put down all 3.

-Pumpkinheads by Rainbow Rowell
(my thoughts linked-some of my thoughts may trigger the overly sensitive)
-Pete the Cat:Out of This World by James Dean (Summary Linked)
-Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters by Barack Obama (Summary Linked)
4. 366 days in the year: looking at your 3rd shelf, name the 6th book on that shelf, and name the 6th book after that!
-Red Velvet Revenge (Cupcake Bakery Mystery series #4) by Jenn McKinlay
(Series page linked-didn't do much of a review)
-The End (A Series of Unfortunate Events #13) by Lemony Snicket (Series Page Linked)
-The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick (my thoughts linked)
5. Leaping ahead: name 4 books that you want to read by the next leap year [alternative: name something on your bookish bucket list that you want to complete by the next leap year].
-Queen by Alex Haley
-[Finishing] Mistborn Trilogy & at least one more book by Brandon Sanderson
-The Clan of the Cave Bears by Jean M. Auel
6. Leapfrog: name a book on your TBR that has green in it.
-All Sales Final (Good Buy Girls Mystery #5) by Josie Belle (pseudonym for Jenn McKinlay)
(series page linked)
-The Wide Window (A Series of Unfortunate Events #3) by Lemony Snicket
-The Perfect Christmas by Debbie Macomber

7. Bad luck: what bookish things do you steer clear from?
There can be many types of books I steer clear from mostly but abuse is one. Especially abuse towards children, elderly and animals (of course,abuse of all kind is a problem) I still have yet to read The Hate U Give because it just hurts too much to even try. Especially as I am a mom of color raising two boys of color. I don't read many horrors or thrillers (Although I'd read thriller before horror and I do love thrillers. The few I've read). I love mystery but don't get to read many of those. I love true & fictional crime shows but even too many of those can bring on anxiety and depression. If I am watching or listening to someone who has read books that have certain triggers, I will determine then if it is something I want to read or not. I also do not read erotica. Too much sex in books isn't my thing. I can get the subtle hints. I mean, I do have two sons, so I think I know how sex works at least a little bit. lol
8. Tag 4 people!
Well, I have no one to tag in the blog world either so, whomever is reading this and have a blog or does videos, go for it. I hope you have a lot of fun with it. 😊


☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

Videos linked below:

Krista from BooksAndJams




Hillary from Melted Books:
(one of the creators of the book tag)



Amy Myers:
(Co-Creator of the book tag)





My Leap Year Book Tag Vlog:





No comments:

Post a Comment