Thursday, March 12, 2020

Quiet Girl in a Noisy World: An Introvert's Story by Debbie Tung

About This Book
Summary
📌Stand-Alone
📌Release Date: November 7, 2017
📌Format: e-book (library)
📌Setting: N/A
📌Page Count: 181
📌Genre(s): Graphic Novel, Nonfiction, Memoir
📌Date(s) Read: 3/11/20
📌Rating:   
Book:  5/5   

Favorites of 2020
Backlist Readathon (3/9-3/15/20)
-Read your shortest backlist book*
-Read a backlist you added as a recommendation from someone else**
-Read a diverse backlist title (i.e.-lgbt, fat rep, P.O.C., Authors/Character with disabilities)***
Popsugar Reading Challenge 2020
-A book that has a book on the cover
My Rambles:

So much of this book is me! I could totally relate to so much. And even the parts that don't fit me, I still understood. I laughed at least once while reading this book. She had a boyfriend in the book and that part, right now, I can't relate to because I really don't want to put all of this on anyone (and yes, I've had boyfriends before...lol). I hope that if I do get into a relationship and/or married, I hope they do their best to understand as much as her boyfriend did. He sometimes wondered about things, which is normal when you don't deal with it. And chances are, I will probably end up with an extrovert too...lol..But until that time, I will continue to do my best to deal with it as best I can. 

I am a believer in Jesus/Yeshua so I do read my bible quite a bit. Maybe not as much as I should sometimes but I do read it more than I used to. This isn't me preaching, this is just me talking about my faith because it is a part of who I am. Anxiety & depression is just a part of ,my imperfection as a human being, among others. So, I have to go to God/Yahweh a lot. I do get counseling and it helps many times but not always because he is at our local mental health facility which isn't a Christ believing/talking place. I may have to start going to a place like that soon. I'd like to have someone who can work not only with what I am dealing with anxiety and depression wise but also Spiritually. But I do love my therapist. He's soft spoken and just calm. 

Okay...about the book right? 

Well, what else can I possibly say other than if you deal with anxiety and/or depression, you're an extrovert and trying to understand the introvert in your life, this would be a perfect book to read. I will try to get the book for myself and tell my mom to check it out on her tablet from the library. I think she tries to understand but I think this would help even more. I doubt she's into graphic novels but I will try to get her to read it. I wasn't sure about it either until I started it and it pulled me all the way in!

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

*I chose this book because it was published in 2017 although I hadn't heard of it until this year.
**This book was talked about ZoeReads/Zoe Delaney so I counted it as a recommendation
***I chose this book for the diverse book because it talks about an introvert with a mental health issue



No comments:

Post a Comment