Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Judah's Wife: A Novel of the Maccabees (The Silent Years #2) by Angela Elwell Hunt

About This Book
Summary
πŸ“ŒSeries: #2
πŸ“ŒRelease Date: January 2, 2018
πŸ“ŒFormat: Paperback 
πŸ“ŒSetting:Not Sure
πŸ“ŒPage Count: 384
πŸ“ŒGenre(s): Historical/Bibilical/Christian Fiction
πŸ“ŒDate(s) Read: 2/18-3/3/20
πŸ“ŒRating:   
Book:  4/5   Audio:  4/5  Narrator(s): Rachel Botchan

🌼Popsugar Reading Challenge:

    -a book with a main character in their 20's 
(Dual POVs so I am counting Judah as a main character and he was in his 20's)
My Rambles:

(Again, I began typing this out as I read it and in some parts, it may show)

This was a strong start for me & I really loved Leah & Judah! I had my moments I got a bit bored but I think it was more me than the book as this isn't a genre I'm used to, yet! I plan on getting used to it though. I want to read the rest of this series and some others in the Biblical Fiction area. 

There is a bit of a connection throughout each book, in one way or another. By scanning the summary of the next book and even this one to Egypt's Sister. Read each summary as you get to each book. I skimmed over the third books summary just to see if there was but without getting any possible spoilers (boy do I want to read it in its entirety! lol).

Now that I have finished this book, I can easily say that it was not an easy read! Not because it was a bad book but hard some hard to read moments. If you haven't read this yet, go into it prepared to want to set it down sometimes. If you cry with books, get yourself plenty of tissue and possibly some eye drops for the red and dry eyes because this book might take you there. I'm not a huge crying person when it comes to books (or period) but this was a struggle for me. I already was struggling with my mental health. This didn't make it any easier.

There is a trigger warning for abuse and talking about abuse. So be prepared for that. 

With all of that, it was a really good book. Not perfect, but really good. This got a 4/5 because it is our of my comfort zone still and I got bored a couple times but mostly because my mental health was already struggling. So, it was more me than the book itself.





No comments:

Post a Comment