Sunday, November 22, 2020

Buttercream Bump Off (A Cupcake Bakery Mystery #2)

 About This Book

📌Summary
📌Series: #2
📌Release Date: January 4, 2011
📌Format: Mass Market Paperback
📌Setting: Scottsdale, Arizona    
📌Page Count: 219 (with Recipes)
📌Genre(s): Fiction, Mystery (cozy), Romance
📌Date(s) Read: 11/20-11/22/20
📌Rating:   
Book:  4.75/5   Audio:  4.4/5  Narrator(s): Susan Boyce


My Rambles:

The (short) review for when I read the book the first time is Here.

My thoughts this time?

I gave it an extra .75 because I loved it that much more this time. I guess because I missed the characters so much. I loved the characters as much as I did before and still laughed just as hard. My favorite detective shows up in this book although he wasn't my favorite in this one. I found myself still getting a bit annoyed at some parts and wanting to shake a few people. This is still one of my favorite series. This is one that, these last couple of years or so, I get the new book within a couple months of it coming out but of course, this year has been a bit much and I ended up forgetting about her new books (in this series and one other) that came out. I hope to get them soon because I miss the characters. 

I personally like a lot of the cozies around restaurants/food for some reason (came across a few I wasn't feeling because the writing just wasn't my thing). If you have never read this series, it is a pretty long one, it is soon to be 13 books. I started reading this series in 2015 some months before book 8 was coming out. I adore this series, as you can see. It is worth at least trying the first couple of books to see what you think. 

Here's the link to the entire Cupcake Bakery Mystery series.



No comments:

Post a Comment