Thursday, November 26, 2020

Gilmore Girls Readathon Wrap Up

I didn't do a blog stating I was starting this because with my reading history lately, I wasn't sure how I would do. Well, I did pretty okay considering that I haven't been "wanting" to read much over the last few months or so. So, here is my wrap up for the readathon that I actually finished two whole books (listened to on audio). Both of which were re-reads that I had been wanting to re-read anyway. I also read at a children's book or two. But the three books I put down fit prompts. 

This readathon took place November 15-22, 2020 and this is the second year it took place but the first one I participated in. I didn't hear about the one last year until October of this year. 

Prompts w/books I read:

✅1. Read a book set in a small town: Unearthly (Unearthly #1) by Cynthia Hand

✅2. Read a book that features a mother/daughter relationship: Unearthly (Unearthly #1) by Cynthia Hand

✅3. Read a book set during fall/winter: Buttercream Bump Off (Cupcake Bakery Mystery #2) by Jenn McKinlay

✅4. Read a book with a complicated love interest: Unearthly (Unearthly #1) by Cynthia Hand

❌5. Read a book with an Asian author/Asian representation

✅6. Bake a fall treat and watch a favorite episode**: Hot chocolate with large marshmallows 
Episode I chose: "So...Good Talk" (S. 5 Ep. 16)

❌7. Read the next book in a series you haven't finished

There was also a Bingo for this readathon. I didn't get a BINGO but I did get a few checked off. I will just put the ones I did finish here. I'll put the books then what they ticked off

1. Unearthly
-Debut Novel (from what I saw, this was her first book)
-Character is close to their mom
-Snow is mentioned
-Features a love triangle

2. Just Like Me (by Vanessa Brantley-Newton)
-Brown and Red on the cover
-5 Star read (I read another children's book that I gave 5 stars to but this one was  my favorite of the two)

3. Buttercream Bump Off
-Character Bakes/Cooks (the main character owns a cupcake bakery)

So, that's pretty much it on the books I read specifically for this readathon. Not too bad for someone who has spent the last couple of months or so not really reading. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment