Sunday, December 27, 2020

3 December Readathons in One Blog

 Okay, I will be honest here, I am being lazy with this. Instead of doing 3 blogs for all three readathons, I just will put them all here. Makes more sense to do it that way anyway, even if I wasn't being lazy..lol. One was the entire month of December, One was through December 25th and One was about 10 days long. I will put the dates with each one I do. 

1. Create Your Own Holiday Adventure: FYI: I will put the ones I completed

(December 1-25)

Holiday Romance:
1. All I Want for Christmas is You: Read a book from your wish list- Pumpkin Spice Peril by Jenn McKinlay 
2. Baby It's Cold Outside: Read a book with a warm setting to combat the cold-Pumpkin Spice Peril by Jenn McKinlay 

Holiday Homebody:
1. Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer: Read a book with a main character over 30-Talking As Fast As I Can by Lauren Graham
2. I'll Be Home For Christmas: Read a book set in a small town-Pumpkin Spice Peril by Jenn McKinlay 
3. Rocking Around the Christmas Tree: Read a book with a musical element-Talking As Fast As I Can by Lauren Graham
4. Wonderful Christmas Time: Read a book with a fun friend group-Pumpkin Spice Peril by Jenn McKinlay 

Kid at Heart:
1. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer: Read a book with a red cover-Pumpkin Spice Peril by Jenn McKinlay 


Now, onto the next one.

Merry Bookmas Readathon: (I put down the ones I read)
December 1-31

Challenges:
1. Baby it's cold outside: Read a cozy book- Pumpkin Spice Peril by Jenn McKinlay 
(I took this one almost literal because it is a cozy mystery and a cozy book for me because I love this series and all of the "main" characters)
2. All I want for bookmas is you: Read a romance or a book with a friend group- Pumpkin Spice Peril by Jenn McKinlay  
(this one has both romance and friendship, so, no matter what, it fit this prompt)
3. Underneath the tree: Read a book gifted to you or gift yourself a book-Pumpkin Spice Peril by Jenn McKinlay  
(I bought this book right before the readathon started or the day of and got it within a couple of days through Amazon)
4. Rudolph the red nosed reindeer: Read a red book-Pumpkin Spice Peril by Jenn McKinlay  

Here are all of the challenges for the Merry Bookmas Readathon:
December 1-31 Live Show Dec 19th at 3pm EST with Special Guest Kristen Simmons!!! Challenges: 1. Partridge in a Pear Tree: Read a book with a bird, fruit, or tree on the cover OR in the title. 2. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: Read a red book. 3. Silent Night: Don't Judge A Disability by Its Visibility: Read a book with disability representation. 4. I Have a Little Dreidel: Read a book that involves a game. 5. I'll Be Home for Bookmas: Read a book in your favorite cozy spot at home. 6. Baby It's Cold Outside: Read a cozy book. 7. All I Want for Bookmas is You: Read a romance OR a book with a friend group. 8. Happy Kwanzaa: Read a book by or about a person of color. 9. My Favorite Things: Read a book featuring a favorite trope. 10. Last Bookmas: Read a book that came out in 2019. 11. Underneath the Tree: Read a book gifted to you or gift yourself a book and read that. 12. I Wanna Wish You A Merry Bookmas: Read the group book which is The Deceivers by Kristen Simmons. If you don't want to read that, read one of her other books. Don't forget to join us for the live show to discuss! BONUS CHALLENGE!!! Good King Wenceslas: Gift someone your favorite book OR a book that person has been wanting
And Finally... Oh What Fun Readathon:
NICE - ✅1. read/sing along to a Christmas hymn: Mary Did You Know (not quite sure it would be considered a hymn but it is one of my favorite songs. Also, a favorite "classic" is "This Christmas" by Donnie Hathaway) 2. read a book by a ghost of Christmas present (an author who is still living): Pumpkin Spice Peril by Jenn McKinlay 🆇3. read a book set in your ideal winter vacation destination: 4. read an entire book in one day: Riverdale (issue #1) by Roberto Aguirre Sacasa 🆇5. read a middle-grade holiday book:
Here are all of the prompts for the Oh What Fun Readathon dates: dec. 12 - 23 - - - THE CHALLENGES! - - - NICE - 1. read/sing along to a Christmas hymn 2. read a book by a ghost of Christmas present (an author who is still living) 3. read a book set in your ideal winter vacation destination 4. read an entire book in one day 5. read a middle-grade holiday book NAUGHTY - 1. stay up all night reading 2. read a book by a ghost of Christmas past (an author who is no longer living) 3. read a book set in your ideal summer vacation destination 4. read a non-holiday wintry book 5. read a book with less than 200 pages
Alrighty, that's it.

I went into these readathons knowing I may not get much done but I just wanted motivation to read and these readathons did that for me.

I'm all done so I will end it here.

Happy Reading,

Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment