Saturday, January 30, 2021

Buried to the Brim by Jenn McKinlay

 About This Book

Summary

πŸ“ŒSeries: #6
πŸ“ŒRelease Date: January 28, 2020
πŸ“ŒFormat: Mass Market Paperback
πŸ“ŒSetting: London, England 
πŸ“ŒPage Count: 269 (not including the excerpt from another book)
πŸ“ŒGenre(s): Cozy Mystery, Romance
πŸ“ŒDate(s) Read: January16-30, 2020
πŸ“ŒRating:   
Book:  3.5/5   Audio:  5/5  Narrator(s): Karyn O'Bryant


My Rambles:

I can say that I do love this series, I mean, if I didn't, I don't think I would have made it 6 books in. This one though, I kept getting bored a bit. I don't know if it was me or the book. Or, maybe a bit of both. I still love all of the characters. Some I wanted to shake some sense into but again, overall, I did really enjoy the book. Great to see some finally allowing themselves to be happy and all of my favorite side characters showing up in the books and one more showing up that I think I will fall in love with if/when another book comes out. 

I would consider this to be the back up series for me when it comes to her books. The Cupcake Bakery Mystery series being my favorite from her. I am considering giving her Library series another try to see if things change for me. I loved the characters but there just always seemed to have been that "something missing" element for me that I couldn't enjoy it as much as I would have liked even though the books weren't bad at all. Maybe I went in expecting too much. This series was a bit of a slow start for me but eventually, I began looking forward to these as well, but, not as much as the Cupcake Bakery series. 

She should have more books coming out this year in this one and of course, the CBM series too. So, I am looking forward to both and hopefully I won't forget to buy them again and end up not picking them up until close to the end of the year this time, but, I mean, 2020 was a very strange year. lol



No comments:

Post a Comment