Thursday, February 4, 2021

Hereafter (Shadowlands #2) by Kate Brian

About This Book

Summary
📌Trilogy:  #2
📌Release Date:  October 1, 2013
📌Format: Hardcover    
📌Setting: Juniper Landing
📌Page Count: 307
📌Genre(s): Fantasy, Mystery, Young Adult, Romance 
📌Date(s) Read: 1/30-2/4/21
📌Rating:   
Book:  4/5   Audio:  4/5  Narrator(s): Amy Rubinate

Well, this is my second time re-reading this trilogy. I wanted to see if I enjoyed it as much as I did the first time I read it. Although I don't remember details of the story, I do remember some things & who I think may be involved in the drama. And I forgot how much of a cliff hanger it left on! But, did I enjoy it as much as the first time? Probably not. I got a tiny bit bored but thankfully, this time, I had the audio book (but wasn't really into audio books when I read it the first time but now, I use audio books to keep me reading because I just don't have the patience to just sit and read. I like to multi task now).

The narrator was good. She had that "I'm trying to be sexy" whisper thing going. That is the best way I can think to explain it now. I'm not fond of that type of reading but it is easy to tune out most of the time. 

I do own all three books so I can go on to the final book when I feel like going into it and can get ahold of the audiobook for it. 

If you haven't read this trilogy, it is worth trying. It may not be amazing but it is an interesting concept. Maybe see if you can rent it from your library (e-book or physical-if you can get to the library in this time). The name of the first book is called Shadowlands




No comments:

Post a Comment