Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Guardians of Being by Eckhart Tolle (Art by Patrick McDonnell)

 About This Book

Summary
📌Stand-Alone
📌Release Date: October 9, 2009
📌Format: Hardcover
📌Setting: N/A
📌Page Count: 129
📌Genre(s): Nonfiction, Self Help, comic/art
📌Date(s) Read: 2/24/21
📌Rating:   
Book:  5/5     


My Rambles:

I don't think I have a whole lot to say about this book except it wasn't what I expected when I put it on hold at my local library. It wasn't until I opened it up that I noticed it was like a little picture book & how animals live in the now. How animals can be happy because they aren't worried about anything like humans are. How helpful animals are to humans because of the unconditional love of the animals towards their human.  It really is a sweet little book that will be a favorite for me for a long time to come, maybe even "forever". Putting healing with animals? How much better can that be?!?

This will be a book I will do my best to buy and have on my shelf for a long time to come. If nothing else can be left for my sons as an "inheritance", it will be some of my favorite books and some of those that I will hope they will get some use out of in their lives. Others, just to say "my mom liked these a lot. May not be my thing but this is what she loved!" And hopefully, eventually, a love of reading. My sons aren't huge readers right now but maybe one day they will be. I wasn't big on reading at their ages either (late teens and early 20s) but by my early 30s, I became a consistent reader. And glad to be back into nonfiction again. 



No comments:

Post a Comment