Sunday, February 14, 2021

Save the Date by Morgan Matson

 About This Book

Summary
📌Stand-Alone
📌Release Date: June 5, 2018
📌Format:  Hardcover
📌Setting: Greenwich, Connecticut
📌Page Count: 417
📌Genre(s): Romance, Contemporary, YA, Fiction
📌Date(s) Read: 2/13-2/14/21
📌Rating:   
Book:  4.75/5   Audio:  4.5/5  Narrator(s): Emily Bauer


My Rambles:

Now, I must say, of the four books I have read by Morgan Matson so far, this one is my favorite. This gives me hopes of other books but not too much because I don't want to go into another book with my hopes too high. The first few books I read: Since You've Been Gone, Amy & Roger's Epic DetourThe Unexpected Everything, were good enough for me to finish but I lost interest pretty quickly in some parts. I even stopped  reading Unexpected Everything for a while because I had gotten bored. It wasn't a bad book but I think it just wasn't what I wanted at that time. I think I did the same with Amy & Roger's Epic Detour. I can say though, I think Amy & Roger's was my least favorite. I don't know what it is about it though, it wasn't horrible, I just couldn't connect with it. I think I finished the first three because I just wanted to know what happened. Many times, when I'd try authors in the past that I didn't like their books, I wouldn't try any more of them, maybe I need to rethink some authors (I know there will probably be some I still won't give another try to though).

This one though, even with a couple of frustrating parts, I loved this book. I was able to connect with everyone more. I could fall in love with more of the characters. Even the ones I really didn't like much I was able to enjoy a bit more. I went into this book knowing how I am about Matson's books. 

Why do I keep reading them if I am so iffy with them? I don't know. I am like that with Sarah Dessen as well but the difference is between Dessen and Matson...the first book I read and finished by Dessen, I loved, so, I keep trying. In hopes I find one more gem in her books that I can love again (there is one I doubt I will ever read though, I think it's called Dreamland, seems too sad/depressing). 

I am glad that I kept giving Matson a try though because if I hadn't, I wouldn't have found this one. 

Charlie's relationship with one of her brothers reminds me a lot of the relationship I have with my oldest brother in some ways. I have always felt closer to him, a bit more connected to him compared to my other two brothers. My other siblings period (there's a lot of us too, 8 total and it's a "complicated" story at that lol).

I seem to love books around family the most, whether it is the main characters family or a family they end up mixing into. I think it's because I don't have the best relationship with my family, my mom or biological father's side. Although I do get along with my biological father's side more, I think that's mostly because we don't talk as often. And maybe that's the best thing because I know that some things I wouldn't have the patience for. lol

So, I guess I found my favorite trope, when I kept thinking I didn't really have one. I'd like to find more "fill in/fake boyfriend" type of tropes too in order to see if that would be my thing too if done right. 



No comments:

Post a Comment