Thursday, March 1, 2018

To All The Boys I've Loved Before (To All The Boys I've Loved Before #1) by Jenny Han



About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
Series/Trilogy/Stand-Alone, etc: Trilogy
Release Date: April 15, 2014
Page Count: 355
Format: Hardcover

Setting: Charlottesville, VA
Genre(s): Young Adult, Romance, Contemporary, Realistic Fiction
Date(s) Read: 2/23-2/28
Rating:       Book: 3/5     Audio:  3/5      Narrator(s): Laura Knight Keating



My Thoughts:

Audio:
Well, with another audio, there really isn't a lot to say, except that she was good. 

Book:
The book started off strong and I liked it a lot. Then it got to the point that it made me remember (as if I could ever forget), why I am so glad I am NOT a teenager and why I would NEVER want to go back to that age! Pettiness. Flirting with the opposite sex (or, well, depending on your sexuality, the same sex), to make the ex jealous. Causing problems and borderline fights. 

Yeah, I do NOT miss that age and craziness (and I don't miss my 20's either). Only reason I'd go back to those ages is because I'd want to have a do over! In a LOT of areas! 

I know, not all teenagers act like that and did what they did in this book, but there's still that teenage angst, hormones, etc I don't miss! And again, those 20 something years! Ugh! 

But, I digress....

I did enjoy the book. Evidently. It just wasn't great for me. Once it hit midway through, I started becoming a little annoyed. By the end, I was a little bit more annoyed. And I figured out how the letters got sent pretty early on. I had questioned it a few times but I had that instinct that kept telling me no. Only reason I had doubts about my initial thoughts is because of situations that took place between a couple other people. 

I liked Dad, Josh & most of the time, I liked Laura Jean. The little sister? Well, although I know she is a child, but sometimes, she did kind of work my nerves and was a little "too smart for her own good". Margot? I liked her well enough but I don't think she knew what she wanted. But, I guess she's young, so that is very much allowed. She is at that age to where she is still figuring things out. 

I will be going on to the second book whenever I am able to buy it and in the mood to read it. I will determine whether I want to read the third one when I finish the second. 

I've also read "The Summer I Turned Pretty" trilogy by Jenny Han. That's what made me want to read these. The "Burn for Burn" trilogy/series, I read the first one and wasn't fond of it. I only gave it 2/5 Stars. Doubt I will go on to the others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment