Sunday, March 24, 2019

Horton Hears a Who by Dr. Seuss


About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
Stand-Alone
Release Date: August 1954
FormatYouTube (<~Click)
Setting: Jungle of Nool; Whoville
Page Count: 64
Genre(s): Children's Fiction, Classics, Humor, Poetry, Fantasy 
Date(s) Read: 3/24/19
Rating:   
Book:  5/5    Audio: 4.5/5      Narrator(s): Not Sure

My Thoughts:

Audio:
I chose her because she was easier to hear. The other videos background noise were "too loud" for me to hear the voices. 

Book:
I chose this book because the Spring Into Readathon asked for a book with a flower on the cover and I wanted to get at least one more story done before it was over. Although there are different covers, I knew there was a huge chance this one had at least one on the cover when I went looking for it. Then I found this one (look below). Then, when I found a cover showing the flowers, I went looking for the reading of it on YouTube & thankfully found it.  And, well, I love Dr. Seuss! This is one of the best excuses to go through his books again. For readathons! 

I also knew that I wouldn't be able to finish a full length novel before the end of the readathon, even with audio books (It ends at the end of the day today-March 24th). I listened to it because I didn't own any of the Dr. Seuss books. Something I think I need to start buying, even though my sons are much older, just having them as nostalgia. One day I hope for grandbabies (long in the future), it would be nice to have them for later. 

Horton Hears a Who isn't my favorite of all of the Dr. Seuss books, but I did enjoy listening to the story (it is one of my favorite reads of the year). From my memory, this is the first time I've listened to it read to me. My mom may have, I just don't remember. I do remember watching the movie and just thinking it was okay. Maybe I can sit down again one day and give it one more try just to see what I think now that I have listened to it. I love how confident Horton is in his thoughts on the dust speck/flower he was carrying around and knowing he heard something coming from it even though everyone else thought he was crazy. And how he tried to protect that those in that dust speck/flower to make sure no one got hurt. 


No comments:

Post a Comment