Monday, March 18, 2019

Shadowlands (Shadowlands #1) by Kate Brian


About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
Trilogy: # 1
Release Date: January 8, 2013
Format:  Hardcover
Setting: Juniper Landing
Page Count: 328
Genre(s): YA, Mystery, Fantasy/Paranormal, Fiction, thriller, contemporary
Date(s) Read: 3/11-3/18/19
Rating: 4.5/5 
 🌟

My Thoughts:
I still really loved this book. I think the only reason I took it down a 1/2 a star was because I knew the ending although I didn't remember every detail and although I still loved it, it has lost that surprise factor for me of course. That's not a bad thing at all, just reality. The book still had me anxious for every part and trying to remember what happened. I plan on rereading the 2nd book to remember a few other things that I forgot. Not sure yet if I'll be going on to the 3rd or not. I guess I'll figure it out once I decide to read the 2nd again. I liked majority of the characters. There were some I wasn't wild about but by the end, some got themselves together. 

This book I started during the #rereadathon2019 but didn't finish it in time because I had gotten so busy and/or sick towards the end and didn't take time to sit and read because I was tired once I was able to sit without having something else to do. This book would count towards the #marchmysterymadness though. 

📓📓📓📓📓📓📓📓📓📓📓📓📓📓📓📓📓📓

My original thoughts:

W.O.W....

When I first heard about this book, I still had no clue what it was about...And when I started reading it...I had some idea what it was about...but by the end of the book...I just don't know what to think....

It's one of those endings that makes you think WTH?!? & HUH?!?...Is this how it really ends?...This is it? Really? ...ugh!!...

Well, it really does have me looking forward to the next one in the series...I hope it doesn't disappoint...And that it keeps my interest....

This is the first book I have read by this author...and as soon as I get over the shock of this one, I may try her other books....

Thank you Book-Tubers for talking about this one! This is definitely a book that is outside the box for me....I really enjoyed it....I've read many who didn't but I guess we all like different things and the fact I went into this book with no clue about what it was about and with no expectations of liking it...Which made me love it even more I think! :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment