Saturday, March 16, 2019

Snow White by Jacob Grimm, Wilhelm Grimm, Camille Rose Garcia (Illustrator)





About This Book:
Goodreads Summary
Stand-Alone
Release Date: February 28, 2012 (This Edition)
Format: Hardcover
Setting: N/A
Page Count: 80
Genre(s)Classics, Fantasy, Fairy Tales, Children's Picture Books, Fantasy, Children Fiction 
Date(s) Read: 3/11/19
Rating:  5/5


My Thoughts:

I enjoyed this book as much as I did the first time. The story, the pictures & the fact it wasn't quite the Disney story. There were a few new things there that weren't in the animation. Well, at least not that I remember. Maybe I need to take the time to rewatch that too. I always loved the Seven Dwarfs even if I wasn't always a fan of "Prince saves the day/I am in love at first sight" type of thing. I like the Princess that "fight back", knows what she wants and even if she doesn't/still figuring it out, she is fine just being her and if the right one for her comes along, great! Nope, not the overly feminist trope. Just the fact that she can be who she is and if she finds that one, she can be secure in who they both are together! 

Okay, ahem...sorry about going on a tangent again (not so sorry for my thoughts). 😳🤪

Yes, I loved the story! It's a favorite again this year! 😁

This is not really a story or pictures for younger children. I would say maybe 4th or 5th grade and higher depending on your unique child. You know what them better than most. Look through it and read it first and make a decision from there. 😊



No comments:

Post a Comment